• Forum membership has its advantages....

What is ultimate UTV pre runner???

Zambo

Do you have them mounted backwards?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

harleys dad

Aren't most of the off the shelf UTVs pulling 20+ inches of front and rear travel now anyhow??? How much are they getting with a Long Travel kit and how much better do they ride with it???

Is it really necessary at all? Or is it more of a status symbol???
I can say with long travel on my rzr is above and beyond what it was stock to the point its amazing stable in the turns and
big holes its amazing and comfortable ride. Wayne from Fox words Eco in my mind, what good does 24 inches of wheel travel do you when you are drilling a hole in the ground at about 12. My friends max 3 is enough proof for me that Wayne was right but good luck which ever route you go. I would never go back to stock and worth the money I spent.

Zambo

You have stock suspension arms and it's 77 inches wide?

harleys dad

no mine is 8 inches wider than stock plus the wheels brings it to 77 inches wide

Zambo

Ah ok I guess I misinterpreted your post. I was talking about how wide a stock x3rs is compared to a rzr.

harleys dad

I have not measured a x3 but a quick tape reading shows 77 inches on mine in the front didnt check the rear

JoeyD23

Aren't most of the off the shelf UTVs pulling 20+ inches of front and rear travel now anyhow??? How much are they getting with a Long Travel kit and how much better do they ride with it???

Is it really necessary at all? Or is it more of a status symbol???
A Maverick X3 is about 22", they claim 24" but a few inches of that is subterranean lol

A RZR is about 18". A good LT kit puts it over 20" of travel.

JoeyD23

This is the LT kit I installed on one of my latest RZR builds. Its a phenomenal kit, not cheap, but included RCV Axels, upper shock tower, all links, brake lines, and some well tuned KING shocks.

XP1000 Dual Sport long travel kit / Complete Suspension System

I am not quite done with this machine yet. I have all of the interior / dash / electronics sitting in my shop waiting to be installed. Once done it will be a perfect pre-runner / dual sport UTV.

King-of-Hammers-2017-DCS14-2k-utvunderground copy.jpg
King-of-Hammers-2017-DCS20-2k-utvunderground copy.jpg
King-of-Hammers-2017-DCS25-2k-utvunderground copy.jpg
King-of-Hammers-2017-DCS33-2k-utvunderground copy.jpg
King-of-Hammers-2017-DCS43-2k-utvunderground copy.jpg
King-of-Hammers-2017-DCS49-2k-utvunderground copy.jpg
King-of-Hammers-2017-DCS64-2k-utvunderground copy.jpg
King-of-Hammers-2017-DCS69-2k-utvunderground copy.jpg
King-of-Hammers-2017-DCS74-2k-utvunderground copy.jpg
King-of-Hammers-2017-DCS9-2k-utvunderground copy.jpg

troyharper

DA Meatball
C68CFADC-5D97-4453-96CE-070F598DBF9A.jpeg
D0298D4B-DA8B-4EF1-A32D-16EA6EE576D5.jpeg
178DF5C7-43E0-4617-85C7-01F4EDA31FBF.jpeg
I just converted mine to a 3 seater. I’m gonna mount a 4 gal. On both sides of the rear seat.

TMorford

The ims tank that goes under the seat is really nice...
The extra gas is nice but we had an issue getting both tanks to completely fill while prerunning the 1000 this year in my buddy's XP1000. Once we took out the driver seat and vented the IMS tank during fill up we got a true 14 or 15 gallons (stock 10 plus IMS). Ive also heard the install is upwards of 10 hours but seems worth it.

That being said, this is the first time I have prerun in a Rzr and it was great. I have a '17 XP1000 with 30" Tensors on Methods and all the CageWrx/PCI stuff, only difference between that and the Rzr we preran in was a Cognito LT kit. Shocks needed a little work but other than that it was more stable all around. Definitely sold on the UTVs either way...

biggjim

The extra gas is nice but we had an issue getting both tanks to completely fill while prerunning the 1000 this year in my buddy's XP1000. Once we took out the driver seat and vented the IMS tank during fill up we got a true 14 or 15 gallons (stock 10 plus IMS). Ive also heard the install is upwards of 10 hours but seems worth it.

That being said, this is the first time I have prerun in a Rzr and it was great. I have a '17 XP1000 with 30" Tensors on Methods and all the CageWrx/PCI stuff, only difference between that and the Rzr we preran in was a Cognito LT kit. Shocks needed a little work but other than that it was more stable all around. Definitely sold on the UTVs either way...
Did you have cognito shock package? Could just be a set up issue.

TMorford

Did you have cognito shock package? Could just be a set up issue.
I know it has Fox shocks on it but I am not sure if they came from Cognitive or otherwise, not my Rzr... It also had more weight than usual because we kept all the Sonora Rally goodies on it so I'm guessing that's why it felt just a little off.

biggjim

I know it has Fox shocks on it but I am not sure if they came from Cognitive or otherwise, not my Rzr... It also had more weight than usual because we kept all the Sonora Rally goodies on it so I'm guessing that's why it felt just a little off.
I see

bajataxi

What is the best ice chest / cooler to use and mounting options in a can am x3. Heading to San Felipe and would enjoy a nice cold beverage while prerunning. I always prerun in a truck, so this golf cart thing is going to be a new experience. Also how are people mounting a spare tire.

1wayne

20180325_182827.jpg
What is the best ice chest / cooler to use and mounting options in a can am x3. Heading to San Felipe and would enjoy a nice cold beverage while prerunning. I always prerun in a truck, so this golf cart thing is going to be a new experience. Also how are people mounting a spare tire.
Here is what I just installed for San Felipe this weekend.