What kind of spindle/flange is this? F150 Velocity long travel

WHOOPIN

Reaction
I'm replacing my spindle/snout flange on my 2002 F150 with Velocity 2wd long travel race kit. Does anyone know a place that carries or makes the below snout combination for oem hub and brakes? Is it a d44 snout and a oem f150 spindle? Does it require machining to mate together? Flange hole spacing is about 86mm across. Spindle base width 37mm. Pm me if you have race hubs and snout combo you want to sell.

IMG_20200930_135348.jpg
IMG_20200923_162044.jpg

Dezertpilot

Reaction
Definitely looks OEM. Might want to rethink that Velocity kit, heard too many issues with them.

WHOOPIN

Reaction
Definitely looks OEM. Might want to rethink that Velocity kit, heard too many issues with them.

Definitely not oem. Rethought it and its still beefcake. Installed 15 years ago and its the only thing left on the truck that hasn't been replaced! Maybe I should rethink Ford trucks! lmfao

paranoid56

Reaction
I think hes saying that it looks like a oem part, I agree, it does look oem. what oem i have no idea.

jeff

Reaction
Take a picture of the back side and post it. The actual spindle (the bearing surface) or "spud" as some companies call them is pressed in. You just need to find the spud and press a new one in. Fabtech or Doetsch Tech (lift spindle companies) may have the spud you need. You might have to get some measurements from the other side to help determine exactly what spud that neglected wheel bearing destroyed.

Plan B would be to upgrade what you have before you lose a tire/wheel during the thrash sessions that truck must see. That spindle design is about as far from awesome as it gets these days. 20 years ago? Sure. But with all the upgraded stuff available these days I'd spend a few extra bucks on a better "OE" design or really buck up and go aftermarket.

And if you are REALLY desperate you could probably buy a used set of 1997 - 2003 F150 2wd Spindles (lift spindles should work too) and then check those spud measurements against what you have now. They look pretty stock style F150 to me. You can press the spuds out of the Craigslist or OfferUp spindle(s) and into your existing flange... assuming you can maintain a nice press fit.

Aloha

Last edited: