what muffler is that??

kawikevin250

Reaction
I want to run the muffler you see every now & then on the rear if buggys that has 2 inlets on top & two exits on the bottom, one in & one out on each side.
DO you know what muffler that is. I have a 1 year old that I don't want def.

partybarge_pilot

Reaction
Flow master makes a dual inlet muffler that I have seen used. The downside is, both inlets are on the same side. I'm not sure how much power is lost running 1 side in the wrong way, but I've seen it done.........

steveG

Reaction
I don't know what buggies run, but Camaros used that type of muffler for a long time .

SROWE

Reaction
Gibson makes the muffler you are seeing they can make the inlet outlet however you want.they have a x internally.i had one on my buggy with a ls 7 the humm resinated in my head set bad. Use a magnaflow or a spintec

CHASETHISTOO

Reaction
We just put a magnaflow on the prerunner and it is nice. IMO still a little loud but gives it a nice sound.

DesertGuy1

Reaction
Also went with a Magnaflow... was "told" you lose between 3-4hp by the set-up... take that for what its worth.

steveG

Reaction
A couple things occurred to me today. Dynomax used to make a system for Camaros that used two Turbo-Tubes (essentially chambered pipe) instead of the single muffler in the rear. It makes for a loud exhaust, but it sure does sound bitchin'. Also, Late model Corvettes use two really small mufflers with the inlet and outlet on the same side. Imagine what's pictured above with the muffler split in two right down the middle (vertically). They might be a little large for this application, but maybe they flow better? Personally, though, I'd take the 3-4 hp loss and run the single....

I've seen aftermarket replacements that are a bit smaller and with a single outlet.

Attachments

off-road

Reaction
Would any one have a part number or link to a catalogue for the Magnaflow mufflers pictured above.Thanks.