• Forum membership has its advantages....

WHAT??? Pistol Pete race truck SCHOOL??? and its FREE???

BANNED4LIFE

YES, it is a 400 hour entry level school were you LEARN to work on desert racing trucks. When you graduate you get to DRIVE one of the trucks you worked on at our local testing facility, AND you receive a sponsorship check for $3000 and a certificate of completion!!!!...our shop is located in nw phoenix....APPLY TODAY!!!! thespeedwayboss@hotmail.com

Dirty Harry

YES, it is a 400 hour entry level school were you LEARN to work on desert racing trucks. When you graduate you get to DRIVE one of the trucks you worked on at our local testing facility, AND you receive a sponsorship check for $3000 and a certificate of completion!!!!...our shop is located in nw phoenix....APPLY TODAY!!!! thespeedwayboss@hotmail.com
That is a very cool opportunity Pete! Wish I was closer.

Is this an accredited school? ASE certified?

Does it count towards college credits?

What does this graduation ceremony consist of?

Are their several classes with multiple teachers? What do the courses consist of?

What is the certification good for? What other places of employment will recognize this achievement? Is there some kind of sanctioning organization, like AWS for welding?

Because this just sounds like you're trying to get 400 hours of labor for less than minimum wage.

crazyeye

Sound more like a internship.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Dirty Harry

I think Pete’s being pretty straightforward about what he is offering. If you have a better option to get seat time that’s cool, but there are always people on here asking how to get involved/learn and this is a good way to do it. If you want to just drive one of Pete’s trucks without putting in the time that is an option too, just show up with your checkbook.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

JDDurfey

Like I said in the beginning of this thread. 12 years ago when I was trying to transition from racing bikes to cars I would have jumped on this opportunity. I had ability, but lacked knowledge and connections. I ended up helping a team that fizzled. Then life moved me to Texas and now have a family.

But for a younger person interested in off-road racing, this may just be their ticket to get their foot in the door. How many times do we have "youngsters" come on here and ask what they can do to get into the industry. Well, now they might just have a clear cut path to follow their dreams.

BANNED4LIFE

Is this an accredited school? ASE certified?

Does it count towards college credits?

What does this graduation ceremony consist of?

Are their several classes with multiple teachers? What do the courses consist of?

What is the certification good for? What other places of employment will recognize this achievement? Is there some kind of sanctioning organization, like AWS for welding?

Because this just sounds like you're trying to get 400 hours of labor for less than minimum wage.
it is NOT accredited or ase certified.....have you ever met an "accredited or certified" prep guy or mechanic that doesnt know ****? I HAVE....

no this does NOT count towards college.....college has NOTHING to do with learn how to prep racetrucks, this is about learning a skil, not getting a worthless degree

the graduation ceremony will be out in the desert driving racetrucks, then PARTY at my house afterwards

the certification is good for telling a future employer that you know how to: 1. COME TO WORK ON TIME 2, come to work on every day you are scheduled, 3, work when you are at work and not play grabass and be on social media all day 4. work with others in a fun social environment 5, clean, disassemble, inspect, repair and reassemble desert racing trucks 6, etc etc etc

others in industry that NEED capable techs to prep race trucks will recognize that their applicant has some basic racetruck knowledge and life skills to be an asset to their program

the new minimum wage laws have made some people UNEMPLOYABLE.....this is a school to learn a TRADE and become employable.....and you get a nice BONUS if you graduate to help you get going in life, instead of a HUGE school loan bill to pay.......

any other questions???

DuaneH

it is NOT accredited or ase certified.....have you ever met an "accredited or certified" prep guy or mechanic that doesnt know ****? I HAVE....

no this does NOT count towards college.....college has NOTHING to do with learn how to prep racetrucks, this is about learning a skil, not getting a worthless degree

the graduation ceremony will be out in the desert driving racetrucks, then PARTY at my house afterwards

the certification is good for telling a future employer that you know how to: 1. COME TO WORK ON TIME 2, come to work on every day you are scheduled, 3, work when you are at work and not play grabass and be on social media all day 4. work with others in a fun social environment 5, clean, disassemble, inspect, repair and reassemble desert racing trucks 6, etc etc etc

others in industry that NEED capable techs to prep race trucks will recognize that their applicant has some basic racetruck knowledge and life skills to be an asset to their program

the new minimum wage laws have made some people UNEMPLOYABLE.....this is a school to learn a TRADE and become employable.....and you get a nice BONUS if you graduate to help you get going in life, instead of a HUGE school loan bill to pay.......

any other questions???
Pete,

We don't know each other but I applaud this step to:

a) Help applicants get experience in the industry,
b) Help applicants that want to learn and grow with a trade
c) Learn the responsibilities that some people have no concept of (Attendance and punctuality)
d) Enjoy the fruits of their labor

Well done Pete, Hopefully someone steps up!

DJ Jeffrey

Sounds like an awesome program Pete! You have a nice shop, plenty of opportunity to learn race prep, and not to mention your trucks sure are a blast to race!!

A motivated induvidual could work 5 hours a day, 5 days a week over 4 months. That can easily be moved around an existing school schedule or other part time job! Then they get to walk out with $3k, off road connections, and drive a race truck!

rnj3897

Very cool Pete and great idea. Skilled trades like this are going away in a lot of schools across the country due to budget cuts and liability issues. Not all people are college bound and at times there is nothing to inspire some of these kids going through school. Opportunities like this are awesome no matter what age.