• Forum membership has its advantages....

WHAT??? Pistol Pete race truck SCHOOL??? and its FREE???

Mooch2Peril

it is NOT accredited or ase certified.....have you ever met an "accredited or certified" prep guy or mechanic that doesnt know ****? I HAVE....

no this does NOT count towards college.....college has NOTHING to do with learn how to prep racetrucks, this is about learning a skil, not getting a worthless degree

the graduation ceremony will be out in the desert driving racetrucks, then PARTY at my house afterwards

the certification is good for telling a future employer that you know how to: 1. COME TO WORK ON TIME 2, come to work on every day you are scheduled, 3, work when you are at work and not play grabass and be on social media all day 4. work with others in a fun social environment 5, clean, disassemble, inspect, repair and reassemble desert racing trucks 6, etc etc etc

others in industry that NEED capable techs to prep race trucks will recognize that their applicant has some basic racetruck knowledge and life skills to be an asset to their program

the new minimum wage laws have made some people UNEMPLOYABLE.....this is a school to learn a TRADE and become employable.....and you get a nice BONUS if you graduate to help you get going in life, instead of a HUGE school loan bill to pay.......

any other questions???
36 year old able to apply?

I know I’m not the only one on here that read Pete’s offer and strongly considered telling your current employer to shove it for this.

Damn.... Here I am finishing up my first Prerunner and we'll be getting started on a race truck soon. This would be invaluable to me and I have time... Only problem is Iive in San Diego. :(

Nice offer Pete

Chris Tobin

Damn.... Here I am finishing up my first Prerunner and we'll be getting started on a race truck soon. This would be invaluable to me and I have time... Only problem is Iive in San Diego. :(

Nice offer Pete
Move out to Phoenix for a few months... problem solved!

I have my own business so I have some free time. Not a "I can 100% check out" but a " I have to check the phone once in awhile" type freedom and occasionally be in the office.

But trust me.... I'm seriously thinking about telling my wife and co-owner to run the biz for 60 days and deal with it... This is a great opp and I'm dying to learn as much as I possibly can from experienced people in a shop. Done the bouncing around from chase team to chase team thing. I need real shop time.

Pete, out of curiousity. What kind of time frame would you expect the 400 hours to be completed?

I worked 50 hrs a week, 6 days a week Jan - April in 2017, only missing 2 Saturdays.

Theoritically a dedicated candidate can be done in 2 months...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

green787

Can I take the classes on the internet from my mother's basement???

BANNED4LIFE

Can I take the classes on the internet from my mother's basement???
NO, this is not a FAKE program, like many schools nowadays where its all online and NOTHING is learned...

Can I bring my emotional support turtle to this internship ?
yes you may......because if you are really stupid, you will probably be reminded of that ......DAILY....

Jimmy8

Wow, can't believe I'm actually going to type this as we all know Pete and I probably aren't going to be sending Christmas cards to each other anytime soon, but I have to say Pete, this is a good idea. At least once a week I get an email or DM from someone on social media asking how they can get involved in off-road and my response is always the same "Volunteer on a team."

This is a very good first step in the door for many, and I'm sure it will be expenses paid to the races they attend with you, and the fact they go home with 3k at the end is a nice incentive most wouldn't give. Good on you Pete. While we might disagree with each other 99% of the time, this is a nice open door for people who really want to try and make a career in this industry.