What racers think about the Baja 1000 RS1 ironman challenge?

RacingTraX

RDC Crypto
Website
racingtrax.com
I announced at the beginning of the year that I was going to take a single seat Polaris RS1 and ironman this year's Baja 1000. I made it into a challenge and invited anyone to join the group. As of today there will be 6 of us embarking on this epic journey of solo'ing every mile of this legendary race ALONE.

I asked a few people in the industry their thought and... ha ha... good times.

What do YOU think?

David Clay
RacingTraX
IG: davidrclay

jon coleman

RDC Crypto
ill do it,( side note, need " resources"), 'All you gotta do is finish', Geat advice, that was my main plan Every off road race I've Ever entered👍

Last edited:

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Haha great video. I need to shave.

Can’t wait to see how it goes for you. What a challenge.

Mike

dan200

#BSF200
RDC Crypto
I am very thankful you are gonna go for an "Ironman" correctly. (Single seat and doing 100% of the driving). This is also a horrible idea but racing in general is also a horrible idea so....

I wish you well. That's gonna be a long endeavor and all of us respect the fact you are gonna try this. If ya pull it off, it will be legendary.

To the others who have claimed to be "Ironmen"- The ONLY way to legitimately claim that status is to drive the whole thing, alone in single seat.

Anything less of that is not the same and it waters down the ironman meaning. Stop it. Your are embarrassing yourself (and by attachment us also) and I hope Ivan Stewart kicks you in the nuts.

David, please don't die.

Last edited:

RacingTraX

RDC Crypto
Website
racingtrax.com
I am very thankful you are gonna go for an "Ironman" correctly. (Single seat and doing 100% of the driving)

I wish you well. That's gonna be a long endeavor and all of us respect the fact you are gonna try this. If ya pull it off, it will be legendary.

To the others who have claimed to be "Ironmen"- The ONLY way to legitimately claim that status is to drive the whole thing, alone in single seat.

Anything less of that is not the same and it waters down the ironman meaning. Stop it. Your are embarrassing yourself (and by attachment us also) and I hope Ivan Stewart kicks you in the nuts.
😁 Hell yeah buddy! Thanks Dan!

jon coleman

RDC Crypto
hey, you Really want to be hipp, ditch the GPS& use only a map taped to a clip board (i only checked mine once, co dawging , from cocos 550 miles south , 95')😱

43mod

RDC Crypto
Good idea . Should have included other brands . I can see why you might elect not to do this as well . Its your deal .

RacingTraX

RDC Crypto
Website
racingtrax.com
Good idea . Should have included other brands . I can see why you might elect not to do this as well . Its your deal .
No one else makes a single seat UTV. And it’s not legal to run a 2 seat car with just 1 person. Plus now everyone in the group is all running the same parts which makes helping each other much easier.

dan200

#BSF200
RDC Crypto
No one else makes a single seat UTV. And it’s not legal to run a 2 seat car with just 1 person. Plus now everyone in the group is all running the same parts which makes helping each other much easier.
Can't you just remove the other seat and be legal?

You could store the camping gear you're gonna need in that spot for when you break down all alone and have to sleep next to the course. LOL (Please note- recent events have shown that a tent will not protect you from a race car driving over you. Easy Ups also offer little protection. :rolleyes: )

Last edited:

43mod

RDC Crypto
It would seem simple but it is his deal . If polaris is not kicking in something it looks like an easy way to get more cars . Getting help from others in class is great on paper , not so much in real life . TL tried a few times . Normally meant one team had a stockpile and all others were on their own , thats Baja anyway .

mrlentle

RDC Crypto
Looking forward to following you guys (on here) on race week. Who else is lined up? I know you have Dave Cole and Jared the young fella you met in a Seattle airport. Who are the other 3 lunatics? Good luck to all!

RacingTraX

RDC Crypto
Website
racingtrax.com
Looking forward to following you guys (on here) on race week. Who else is lined up? I know you have Dave Cole and Jared the young fella you met in a Seattle airport. Who are the other 3 lunatics? Good luck to all!
-Dave Cole (Ultra 4 owner)
-Travis Zollinger (ZRP Race Products)
-JD Daniels (Sunoco Fuels Rep for NASCAR)
-Kurt Friede (Bad ass old dude from Montana that actually owns a few Polaris dealerships)
-Jared Cozzecrea (young entrepreneur who owns a little trucking company and works his tail off)

Travis and Dave are running in the Open Unlimited Class and are building stretched and wider cars, the rest of us are running in the Pro Stock Class.

dan200

#BSF200
RDC Crypto
LOL, by the time I get to that point that might be the most logical solution 😂
I couldn't even drive on only highways from Ensenada to LaPaz by myself.

bajafox

Accepted
RDC Crypto
I am very thankful you are gonna go for an "Ironman" correctly. (Single seat and doing 100% of the driving). This is also a horrible idea but racing in general is also a horrible idea so....

David, please don't die.
It will probably be a much more comfortable ride in an RS1 then when Ramsey tried (or did) do it in a single seat 1600

Going to be lots of eyes on this effort

dan200

#BSF200
RDC Crypto
It will probably be a much more comfortable ride in an RS1 then when Ramsey tried (or did) do it in a single seat 1600

Going to be lots of eyes on this effort
As far as I am concerned Ramsey DID DO IT. Yea, he timed out but whatever. That far, in that kind of car, all alone is amazing. I cannot think of anyone who has done anything that gnarly in this sport.

(Disclaimer- there's prolly bike guys who have done cool stuff but I dont follow them really)

Last edited: