What San Felipe thought of us...

dan200

#BSF200
Reaction
I'm in a fakebook group that's mostly Americans who live at least part time in SF. Its called San Felipe Chatter. Mostly its people asking where to get a guy to fix their satellite tv or who has a good handy man and general travel info. Neighbors helping neighbors, that kinda thing.

Anyway, after I got home from Baja I asked that group how we did. Before the race there was conversations/concerns about how our presence might not be a good thing for health reasons. Some folks were against it mostly because they were uniformed about how there was to be no malecon style tech and that start/finish was on lockdown. I explained that we had restrictions to help aid social distancing. They had no idea those were in place.

I can't say that my survey was in anyway official but the results seem to say we passed with flying colors.

As I type its at 219 "Likes" "Loves" "Cares" and has 67 comments. All of them positive. I selected a few below to share here but almost all of them share the same sentiment. Good Job EVERYONE.

" Personally, I loved that the race teams were here. We just had to see from afar. That was ok! Even though we could not get up close, no interactions, the racing excitement was in the air. In my EDR community, several homes were occupied by racers, or fans from out of town. It was nice hearing laughter in the distance and seeing some of the vehicles. Till the next time, be safe! "

"You Gentlemen are Awesome you being here help the San Felipe community a lot!"

"Loved it. The people the noise the help you all gave the community. Let's do it again real soon. "

" Dan! Thank you for your support and coment.We love having you and the off road racing comunity . Thanks again. Rafael @ Petes camp. "

" The economic benefit of this race is unbelievable. I am sure you and your competitors have saved some lives. "

" We stayed away from San Felipe during the races because we are in the high risk age range for the virus. I know that the merchants would have greatly appreciated the racers and for that we are happy for them. "

Honda48X

Reaction
Thanks Dan for posting this. I have a place in the El Dorado Ranch and many race teams were occupying houses very close to me. I talk to lots of people down there and as always the races help. I know there might be some that don't like the noise but I also think they are rare.

Scott

jon coleman

Reaction
Wife is on some sf chat thing. Several complaints about "Racers" leaving trash and beer bottles all over the desert. Clue less people looking to place blame on anything other than local population.
racers are the guilty party period!!, we Always pick up after the children, how many desert messes have you( rDc) cleaned up ?, dosent matter Who made the mess ,We get the blame

MTPyle

Reaction
Wife is on some sf chat thing. Several complaints about "Racers" leaving trash and beer bottles all over the desert. Clue less people looking to place blame on anything other than local population.

haha yeah I wonder is those people that complained about racers have ever looked around the desert outside towns that people use as dumps. Keeping the desert clean is not one of the Mexicans strengths.
I really doubt is was the American racers leaving trash. You are right they just want to blame someone.

Mike