What shocks do you like best?

RFS Motorsports

What shocks do you guys like best and why. We are trying to determine what shocks to go with on our TT and two names come in mind. I would like to hear from my peers of what they think. Thanks in advance.

BRINGTHERUCKUS

Nimrod de PMC
not this again.....
Again i say Kings....
My family has been using them on our trucks forever and have NEVER had a single problem with the shocks, the same cant be said for SAW or Fox (at least at our camp)

E&S Racing

F.A.I.T.H.
I would've said Kings until some of the Geiser trucks have been killing it on FOX's. I'm not sure it is all about the shock as it is more about the right set up with the shocks (whatever brand).

KCMotorsports

not this again.....
Again i say Kings....
My family has been using them on our trucks forever and have NEVER had a single problem with the shocks, the same cant be said for SAW or Fox (at least at our camp)
i agree this could get ugly...

I prefer Kings because they have a quality and proven product with great customer service. We put Kings on all of the cars and truck we build, with the exception of Jesse James' truck, which he later changed to kings and every customer has been happy with them.

PALAPABOY

Bajalite Win Streak Killer
KYB Buck Bradley thats old school !

BRINGTHERUCKUS

Nimrod de PMC
From what ive seen on the super upper level shocks from the two major companies FOX and King. Fox with the 4.3 and King with the 4.0 king kong its all in the set-up, most choose one over the other due to loyalty.
(I still say king) i love their service...

3G RACING

I've never tried anything else but king shocks.
Their service and customer relation says alot about Brett and the people around around him!

I'm not sure it is all about the shock as it is more about the right set up with the shocks (whatever brand).
Correct-o-mundo!

FOX, Sway-A-Way, King and Bisltein have all given me great service over the years and all have great products. It is the experience in a race car and tuning that gives FOX the advantage in my mind - John Marking and Todd Tenbroek have more seat time in modern top end desert racers than all the others combined by a factor of XX - but then I know I can set any of them up and service them with the same level of performance.

TauMau

I was a King guy back when we ran in 1600 but since going to class 12 I've gone back to the dark (blue) side. Last I checked King was a little overpriced both in the initial and maintenance aspect.

Everything aside though, if money isn't a big deal (assuming King still costs more) there would be only a marginal difference between the two if any at all.

CaptinCrash

FOX !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! best shock out thier plus you have todd to help you out and the biggest bypass in the world

Last edited:

randy s

we've used both king and fox. both are fine shocks. we're with fox now because they're down the street and that's handy. fox is great because they'll go down to plaster city and help with tuning. that's huge for us.

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
the kind that are set up the best are the best shocks...with that said I would go with the Fox.

BSchlimme

What shocks do you guys like best and why. We are trying to determine what shocks to go with on our TT and two names come in mind. I would like to hear from my peers of what they think. Thanks in advance.
Robert,
You should talk to Brian at Ricor Shocks. He is in your back yard in Henderson now.

I've run Fox and King and years ago Kuster. All great shocks but I have enjoyed the opportunity to be involved with a product that is not looking for mass market appeal from a production/price perspective but looks to bring the latest technology to the sport.

I have had RICOR's on my Alumicraft now for a couple years. Have spent several days in Barstow with the RICOR guys and their support trailer dialing in my shocks. It is a small company that is not hamstrung by production constraints and also brings with it great customer service.

Feel free to contact me if you would like more information. I'd be happy to chat with you on the phone.

Ben Schlimme
310-710-7777

Tipracer

As of yet no mention of Bilstein...hmmm, All of the top shocks have the ability to win...the best shock is the one that works best for you.

possemotorsport

Fox.. because you then get Todd on your side. X 2

Todd is great to work with