What size shocks for TC uni-ball kit?????

cleartoy

Reaction
Ok, so i have 94 Toy 2wd with TC Uniball kit. Running 10" shocks now. When arms are fully extended i have to push down on the shock 1/2" to mount them. TC reccomends 10s.

After a nice evening of air time at Ocotillo, my shocks not only bottomed out, but bent the upper tabs, and destroyed the rubber bushing that FOXs have at the bottome of the shaft.

So is is reccomended that i use 12s?

85 Toyota xtracab 4x4(for sale)
94 Toyota stdcab 2x4
99 Yamaha YZ250

Got Sand??

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
That means the shocks are mounted a little bit to low....either mount them a bit higher or go with a short body 10" shock. A 12" would be worse and bottom out sooner. I have 10's on my truck and at full bottom there is about a 1/2" of shaft left.

Go Big Or Go Home
United Jumping Truck Society
U.J.T.S. Manwhore

cleartoy

Reaction
Thanks for your insight fish. I only pushed down 1/2" on the shocks to mount them, so i cant mount them any higher.

If i made new taller hoops for 12s, the i think all would be well.

We do have slightly different set ups so, maybe a different application. I realize you started with 12s and went to 10s and it works for you now.

Got a dust light at Kartek today and mounted it to the rear shock hoops.

See ya next time.

94 Toyota stdcab 2x4
99 Yamaha YZ250

Got Sand??

motoxscott

Reaction
You've got 3 options.............

1) limit your up travel so that it doesnt bottom out the shock

2) build new hoops and install longer shocks

3) install brand new shocks the same length you have now and break them again

cleartoy

Reaction
OH motoX you are so helpful....yeah, deffinitfely #3. I like the new FOXs better than the ones i bought in 98 any ways! They copied SAW and have billet mounts. Im goin for broke.

LEt me know the next time you go cruisin for chickz, so i can get yoiur sloppy seconds! Green cards optional~

Anyways, looks like 12s are the way to go for the setup I have. 10s are bastards.

94 Toyota stdcab 2x4
99 Yamaha YZ250

Got Sand??