What team tt teams your money on for the 1000

champtruck77

RDC Crypto
On his FB page...he's Iron-manning it.
My definition of ironman: drive the entire race with no other person getting in the seat.
Last time Roeseler solo the Baja 1000 I guess it was 1999 Ojos Negros loop; He finished second that year and it wasn´t easy for him. Now he´s older and this year the race is longer. I think he needs a second driver.

Tom_Willis

RDC Crypto
When he solo’s all the miles like this with no gloves, absolutely!
Is it still a "win" if the first toyota-powered vehicle on the road, (driven by Baja Bob & Ryan Arciero) was made to wait (in the TOYOTA pit) until he could catch up, get pit service, and pulled ahead so he could win the 4wheel division?

Slippery P

RDC Crypto
Is it still a "win" if the first toyota-powered vehicle on the road, (driven by Baja Bob & Ryan Arciero) was made to wait (in the TOYOTA pit) until he could catch up, get pit service, and pulled ahead so he could win the 4wheel division?
Sounds like an internal squabble to me.

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
My money is on Luke/Rob

Seems both Andy and Bryce have had some bad luck and Luke just keeps doing well. Rob is always good and in a good truck he will be great. So thats my pick.

Not sure what my 2nd would be.

Mike

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
PAB seems to have a lot of truck issues so even though that team has amazing drivers I wonder about the truck. Unless they are driving the #32 Mason. Haha

Dan and Bean are a strong pair with a great truck and amazing team. I could see them getting up there if the others have issues. Sorry Dan. Haha.

So I guess my 2nd would be Dan and Bean. Hard to not pick a big blue M team.

Mike

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Whats the pick for TTspec?

Jason McNeil is hard to beat after the season he has had down there. Super fast and dialed truck. thats my pick but kind of the obvious favorite. What other teams will challenge them?

Hancock with Hager is strong and they are hungry for a SCORE win.

Lawrence is also a good pick. I assume Ray recovered from Covid fast :) and will be down there racing with Lawrence. I saw a pic of his 6100 truck pre running.

Pierce with the Herbst team is always a factor and with the Deans they have the speed.

Dan fresh in Jeff Baders truck has a lot of success down south the last year and with Erica that makes a great team. She knows Baja and has a SCORE championship under her belt. Mike Kim or as I call him Palindrome, is also on that team and super strong in Baja .

Justin Davis and Dustin Grawbowksi could be up there. Both of those guys are fast at 85% speed. New Brenthal and on the best tires.

Polvoorde has a fast truck and can be in the top 3 but I don't know who is also driving with him.

But the big equalizer is Baja. many of these teams have not done a Peninsula run and that takes a lot more than a fast truck and fast driver. I would lean towards teams that have a lot of experience like the Herbst team.

Mike

calstyl2

RDC Crypto
I think it will be a great race, Id never bet against the Alexander Ford truck, those guys can drive, have the best prep guy running the team and great truck.
The Justin/Dustin team will be a wildcard, once everyone clears Coco's the race pace will pick up and we will have a clear idea whos made it out of the hazards of the north

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
But Alexander is new to Baja and has yet to race south. They missed a VCP at SF250 and were surprised when they got a penalty. Yes they are fast but it takes a lot more than fast to win a B1K.

They should be considered a potential top 3 but I think Baja experience will prevail. Don’t get me wrong, I love the team and truck and wouid be happy to see them win. But if I had to bet I wouldn’t bet on them winning.

Mike

Crusty Shellback

RDC Crypto
Got to crawl around under the "TT#11" today.
Awesome piece of machinery. Very impressed with the layout of the AWD TT.

20211113_084831.jpg
20211113_084850.jpg

BLeMert

RDC Crypto
Whats the pick for TTspec?

Jason McNeil is hard to beat after the season he has had down there. Super fast and dialed truck. thats my pick but kind of the obvious favorite. What other teams will challenge them?

Hancock with Hager is strong and they are hungry for a SCORE win.

Lawrence is also a good pick. I assume Ray recovered from Covid fast :) and will be down there racing with Lawrence. I saw a pic of his 6100 truck pre running.

Pierce with the Herbst team is always a factor and with the Deans they have the speed.

Dan fresh in Jeff Baders truck has a lot of success down south the last year and with Erica that makes a great team. She knows Baja and has a SCORE championship under her belt. Mike Kim or as I call him Palindrome, is also on that team and super strong in Baja .

Justin Davis and Dustin Grawbowksi could be up there. Both of those guys are fast at 85% speed. New Brenthal and on the best tires.

Polvoorde has a fast truck and can be in the top 3 but I don't know who is also driving with him.

But the big equalizer is Baja. many of these teams have not done a Peninsula run and that takes a lot more than a fast truck and fast driver. I would lean towards teams that have a lot of experience like the Herbst team.

Mike
Dale Ebberts is driving with Polvoorde. Definitely a contender.
Screenshot_20211115-052945.png