What the Elite Class in Short Course Off Road

AllenBrotherRacing

In both series they lack the numbers in pro 4 so is pro 2 the elite class now becaues of the large number of truck

DaughertyRacing

A pro-4 is the top dog as far as $$$$ but it takes a much better driver to put 800-900 HP to the ground with 2 wheel drive! Look at how much better Allen Phlueger is driving in Carls pro-4 VS last year in a pro-2.

Prolite is even more difficult to go really fast in but Mr, Naughton is pretty quick in his!
Wait until he is in the seat of a pro-2!!!!!!

450grl

I was gonna say, it seems the Pro Lite class is the hardest to drive in.....and one of my favorite to watch!

07FJRog

I was gonna say, it seems the Pro Lite class is the hardest to drive in.....and one of my favorite to watch!
me too, I like the Prolites the best for action and battles.

justafan

PRO 4 to me is still the "elite" class because it is the fastest on the track...

But I have always been partial to the PRO 2's because you have to finesse the truck rather than man handle it through the turns. Pro lites are really some of the best battles all weekend though. You can't help but have close fender to fender action with 20 plus trucks on the track.

Steve_Naughton

What is the Elite class in Stock Car racing? and WHY?

What is the Elite class in Supercross? and WHY?

The "Elite" class in short course off road racing is that one class that DOESN'T EXIST (yet). You know, THE ONE that everyone dreams of reaching someday. It looks something like Pro-2 and features ALL of the top drivers. It's hard to reach, but once you're there you know you've made it. And once you've won in this elite class then you know you've really made it.

I think Lucas could easily drop the P4's and focus intently on building P2 into the "Nextel Cup" of short course off road racing. TORC could do this too, but greaves, douglas, huseman and leduc would probably never let that happen.

Ultimately, I would like to see all those "multi-time" podium finishers and champions (from PL, P2, P4) all compete against each other in the same class. I want to see how Jeff Kincaid stacks up against Carl Renezeder, or Rob Naughton versus Rob Mac. Who will come out on top when ALL of the top drivers compete against each other?

Last edited:

Pops

Eliminate P-4

Is there really a reason to have P-4's?

What if they eliminated the class?

I could envision more trucks racing together and more time to feature another class racing.

Sounds too easy to actually happen.....

pdailey

Racer
Re: Eliminate P-4

Is there really a reason to have P-4's?

What if they eliminated the class?

I could envision more trucks racing together and more time to feature another class racing.

Sounds too easy to actually happen.....

I enjoy watching the 4's over the 2's. They can really commit to corners a lot more than the 2's. And they can be a lot more creative with lines over the 2's as well.

Pops

I believe that who really can tell the difference between them on the track? I'm talking about the average spectator, the TV audience type.

Maybe it is an option that the promoters could look into to better the sport.

Just my dos centavos.

Pops

Mary Kay

PRINCESS
this is what people should be talking about.
What is the Elite class in Stock Car racing? and WHY?

What is the Elite class in Supercross? and WHY?

The "Elite" class in short course off road racing is that one class that DOESN'T EXIST (yet). You know, THE ONE that everyone dreams of reaching someday. It looks something like Pro-2 and features ALL of the top drivers. It's hard to reach, but once you're there you know you've made it. And once you've won in this elite class then you know you've really made it.

Ultimately, I would like to see all those "multi-time" podium finishers and champions (from PL, P2, P4) all compete against each other in the same class. I want to see how Jeff Kincaid stacks up against Carl Renezeder, or Rob Naughton versus Rob Mac. Who will come out on top when ALL of the top drivers compete against each other?

Mary Kay

PRINCESS
there is a fundamental problem in our sport. it dose not have a premier class and it needs one.

GunnSlinger

Captain Backpack
there is a fundamental problem in our sport. it dose not have a premier class and it needs one.
... like an entire day of a hundred or so P2's or P4's with non-stop racing action with a pyramid style winner??... or am i way off base??

ProLite13

Also, I think one of the biggest mistakes that the modern series have all done (CORR, LOORS, TORC) is to not have the Land Rush Start. I know it sometimes takes drivers out, but the land rush start is one of the most unique things about this sport. Truly extreme. I would pay $40 ANY DAY OF THE WEEK to see land rush start.[/QUOTE]

I think Steve N. is onto something here, let's all pay attention...;)