What the heck is this???

blue dog

Does that have the self propelled wheel option ?

JasonHutter

It raced at a BORE race earlier this year... As people went over to look at it the owners weren't very friendly and didn't really seem to want anyone to look at it. When I saw it off the start it was all over the place and I'm pretty sure it didn't finish.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

My Name Here

I can only see 2 options, either the drive axle goes down inside the trailing arm, or possibly even a fluid drive?

ace_photo

GET SOME
Been tried a bunch of times over the years. Most likely a drive chain in the trailing arm

GDRBORETIRED

Got to be chain drive. Been done a lot in Tenn. KY area for hillclimb and rock running. I have read about several cars with chain drive, bus automatic and big VWs on propane.

JasonHutter

I didn't go look at it but everyone was saying it was a chain drive system.

Martin Christensen (AGM) tried the same thing in a Class 10 many years ago - first chain driven and then belt driven but both kept breaking. Finally gave up on the car and went conventional and won Class 10 Championships. That was in early 90's I think. I towed him back one time when he broke a belt out testing in Plaster City.

N8ball

Yes she ran our last race this year. I teched it in the trailer and they only wanted to tell me what I needed to know. They weren't unfriendly, just tight lipped about the unconventional design. Dnf due to electrical bug IIRC. She said she'd be back so I hope to see it finish a race.

RATPACKRACING

Got to agree What the hell is this I think we would have a hard time letting this race with the 10 cars I don't know??

ACME

Got to agree What the hell is this I think we would have a hard time letting this race with the 10 cars I don't know??
Why as long as it meets the class rules? In one thread people encourage going outside the box RE C1's-truggies and in another thread they toss rocks at the free thinkers? I bet if it was a UTV the minions would praise it as an engineering marvel and this will be the C1-TT beater!

Slippery P

Game Changer!

200MPHTape

Martin Christensen (AGM) tried the same thing in a Class 10 many years ago - first chain driven and then belt driven but both kept breaking. Finally gave up on the car and went conventional and won Class 10 Championships. That was in early 90's I think. I towed him back one time when he broke a belt out testing in Plaster City.
Was it yellow? I remember it at I think a Lucerne race and I was shoed away, the wife had just got out of the car and I went over to check it out.

5racer

His name is dave woods old fast bike racer in score, won many races and championships ,he was one of the first bunch to put a-arms on a ten car way back when,also owned a motorcycle dealer ship in 29 palms for many years ,its chain drive ,4 speed bus box I believe and he is always out of the box .

ONE_RJ

It raced the powder puff race this year. At the start line , I tried to take a picture of it and she kept starting the car and moving so I couldn't get close. A guy came over and asked what I was doing because I was making her nervous.

Zac Reish

Lame! If you don't want people to see it or take pics don't bring it to a race with 1000's of people. That's just unreasonable. A bus box?

bob380sx

I'd like to see it at bump. Cant be using much shaft with the shock on the same angle as the arm