What this sport really needs is more classes

chicken lips the ocho

Most Annoying RDC Poster
Reaction
I'm ready to start racing, I been looking at all the classes but I just can't pick one from the 40 existing classes because I wanna go fast but I don't really wanna spend a lot of money. I want to win but I don't want to race against anybody that has more money than me. I'm in a real tuff situation here and I don't know what to do, any suggestions on what new class to make to suit my needs? Please help cause my vagina can't take anymore sand

MARXICO

Reaction
A thread started by someone who doesn’t race with no skin in the game and a reply by the Millennial Son of a millionaire I can’t expect either of you to have any other perspective than sarcasm instead of an intelligent reason , that rates your credibility. It has no direct effect on either of your race efforts but your narrow point of view allows it to irritate you. This is the only reason you object you can’t find anything intelligent to counter with the concept presented. Chicken lips I have been racing my Truggy before SCORE banned them so your generalization is way off, the concept is to try and take a existing group of existing race cars to race evenly with little cost .I have no control of your reading comprehension. Pat with your charmed life I don’t expect you to understand either.

pdailey

Racer
Reaction
Millennial? Millionaire? You've got the wrong guy, bud....

All these grand ideas of new classes do is take away entries from other classes. That's it. 6100 killed 7200/6 just like 7200/6 killed Class 7. It's a circle. No new classes. Pick a class that already exists. Put fenders on your "truggy" and go race 6100.

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
A thread started by someone who doesn’t race with no skin in the game and a reply by the Millennial Son of a millionaire I can’t expect either of you to have any other perspective than sarcasm instead of an intelligent reason , that rates your credibility. It has no direct effect on either of your race efforts but your narrow point of view allows it to irritate you. This is the only reason you object you can’t find anything intelligent to counter with the concept presented. Chicken lips I have been racing my Truggy before SCORE banned them so your generalization is way off, the concept is to try and take a existing group of existing race cars to race evenly with little cost .I have no control of your reading comprehension. Pat with your charmed life I don’t expect you to understand either.

Well that escalated quickly, welcome to RDC lol

BTW I'm pretty sure you don't know Pat either.

MARXICO

Reaction
To race 6100 I would have to change out my engine, electrical and exhaust including a mounted and painted body that is a minim of $20 grand to race a car that was already race worthy in c;1 before the rule change . The classes you listed that are outdated would now have a place to race with minor modifications after all this package would give a class 7 the most economical way for instant horsepower at a reasonable cost and a new life of racing would it matter to you if they chose this opportunity to convert their antiquated car into something that could be race again. .You overlooks the concept that it will combine more cars that are outdated that you described and make a level playing field and cost effective for the average blue collar racer .Your right I don’t know Pat but if you look at his website Dailey engendering he has it better than those that were not born into a business, if he was employed as a FedEx driver or school teacher I am sure his accomplishments and perspective would be different. As far as welcome to rdc I have raced and owned off road cars for 30 years ,so I guess we all are a little off on judging each other

green787

Reaction
These days you have to be a son of a Billionaire to really suck....

JDDurfey

Reaction
Well one thing is for sure Green...we know Hillary doesn't...she left that to Monica

But I digress, this isn't the Purple section.

green787

Reaction
Well one thing is for sure Green...we know Hillary doesn't...she left that to Monica

But I digress, this isn't the Purple section.

Wouldn't you???
5 psychic "dislikes" for you...(I don't want to hear the whining)... try to stay on topic..... With Hillary there's Hope for 7s....
But I do think "Chicken Lips" is right....

Last edited:

green787

Reaction
I want to see a Vintage pre 1983 short wheelbase 4wd 4 cylinder class....(see avatar)...
It really pisses me off that I am FORCED to race against mid sized V6 trucks that masquerade as mini trucks.....
I think there should be an unlimited truck V8 class (Trophy Truck), V6 class (Trophy Spec Stupid bend the rules Class), and a 4 BANGER class.... I just like building 4 cylinder engines and running them until they blow.... You can't really do that with those 8 $tack V8's..... Unless you're a real son of a B.....

Last edited:

You Mad Bro

Reaction
More Classes You Said ......?

:I think the Hummers should have their own Class, and I'm not talking Stock Class, I'm talking an ALL Hummer class, that'd be pretty badass , If Jeeps have their own class why can't Hummers have their own, People in Baja like to see Hummers.

: It'd be nice if Ford sponsored the 7sx Class in order to bring the 7sx Class back in business in SCORE, if i remember, there's something like 30+Plus 7sx Trucks in Both CODE and RECORD combined, mostly all Ford Rangers.

redline

Reaction
I think we should just have Tecate girls waving flags at random places around a few trails and then that way people can start wherever they like, finish where ever they like, take whatever lines they choose, and when you feel you have done enough you just find the next set of flag wavers and ask them to wave the checkered flag. After you made it through your grueling race they smile nicely at you, tell you "good job, youre the best", and then hand you your participation award that is so well deserved.

I feel bad for everyone that bought a Raptor that can't race because there isnt a class they can enter without doing some modifications. They already have a cool race car so why should they have to spend more money to race it. Everyone knows that racing is a one time expense!

On a side note though I do feel that SCORE banning truggies from a class they have been racing in for decades is a little ridiculous though.

ltr450rider

Reaction
I feel that there are not enough threads for this topic. Just as I start to catch up on one thread with a specified topic and get my head in the game, here comes another where people with more knowledge than me sets me back. I would like to have another thread started that suits my idea base where I can succeed in that thread, but only if I can get at least 10 other entries to support my idea.

Bdub 1020

Reaction
I think you should just get rid of about 14 classes , come to current times throw away your brick phones , wash all the sand out of your vaginas and realize that other people have great ideas and opinions also. It does not always have to be about how much money you have or are willing to throw away on a hobby. Now that's not sarcasm that's the truth. Many at the races Sat. night said they would love a buggy class with rules on tire size , shock size , type of less expensive transaxle and a crate engine and ecu. Casey is a street smart dude and as soon as Ford has a crate engine equal to Chevy I bet he does it HaHa. Have a great day Lou and Pat lol

ACME

Reaction
Take that truggy, section this cab around it and leave the glass white and it's ready for the existing door slammer class. Call it $1500 and your good to race competitively...

.Ranger cab and frame

1) Yes, it sucks the truggies were dis-allowed but when you have a handful of cars compared to the balance of an entire class it was an understandable approach, to an extent.

2) It seems a specish motor buggy class with a "pump gas" fuel requirement and possibly a tire size equalizer makes sense from a cost standpoint as it can pull guys off the bench back onto the field. And it seems it wouldn't dilute the current pool of C1 competitors.

By reading all these threads it seems a few people really do seem to want a special class for themselves and their specific needs so this thread is perfect! By adding all the "considerations" it starts to get silly: Why not guys with glasses, age concessions or metrosexuals only etc? It really seems to show the lack of wanting to create an opportunity to grow the sport unless you can have it your specific way. Mandating shift pattern, shock sizes, wheel types and all these and, and and's; is like mandating driving suit colors... Really?

Watch for what you ask for as even spec classes have their issues: TL had chassis changes for basically one guy and then shocks and rear ends for these guys and to keep up with a few changes to be at the top of the spec it hurt the growth it had to that point... Motor builders started the whole H2o pumper deal in 10 that ended up almost killing that class and the same with a few guys with the dual ports, disk brakes and other things in 1600. Keep it simple and make it realistic, and it has a chance. Don't and you'll eventually end up playing with yourself...

dezert_nerd

Reaction
Take your "Truggy" and go race Class 1 in BITD then, seeing as they haven't changed their rules to IRS only like SCORE did. Seeing as you don't want to change your "truggy" to a different class (understandable), It should be easier on your wallet as well.

Bdub 1020

Reaction
Is there a difference between a Truggy and a TT / 6100 with the fiberglass removed. Because man the class 1 guys sure were mad when guys were winning that way. Im serious and just asking as I am a buggy dork not a truck guy.

DanMcMillin

Crane Motorsports
Reaction
Is there a difference between a Truggy and a TT / 6100 with the fiberglass removed. Because man the class 1 guys sure were mad when guys were winning that way. Im serious and just asking as I am a buggy dork not a truck guy.

Herbst Truggy Specs.

Owner: Terrible Herbst Motorsports
Builder: Mike Smith Fabrication
Date completed: 1995
Top Speed: 150 mph
Chassis: Mike Smith Fabrication
Frame: 4130 Chromoly Tube
Weight: 5,900 lbs
Wheel Base: 125″
Track Width: 96”Front, 91” Rear
Engine: Patton Racing Engines, 454in small block, Ford V8
Cooling: Ron Davis Radiators
Exhaust: R.E.F. Unlimited, Stainless
Plumbing: Brown & Miller Racing Solution
Transmission: Culhane Racing Transmission Turbo 400
Driveline: Driveline Unlimited
Torque Converter: Coan Converter
Brakes: 13” Brembo 4-piston calipers
Fuel Cell: 64 gallon Harmon Fuel Cell, Weldon fuel pumps
Tires: 39 x 13.5 R17 BFGoodrich KR
Wheels: 17” Ultra Xtreme Wheel
Paint/Graphics: Airbrush- Gator Graphics / Vinyl – Patrick’s Signs
Body: McQueen prototype
Front Suspension: A-arm, Mike Smith solid piston Bypass shock, Mike Smith coilover, Mike Smith Racing shocks, 30” travel
Rear Suspension: Solid axel, 4-link, trailing arm designs, Chrisman 11” third member, 34” travel, Mike Smith Solid piston bypass shock, Mike Smith coilover, Mike Smith Racing Shock
Steering: Steering box, Power Steering Solution pump, Smith ram
Paneling: Carbon, Aluminum
Wiring: Tom Oliva, American Wire Harness
Lights: KC HiLites
Navigation: Lawrence GPS, Leadnav Systems
Communication: Racing Communication
Seats: Cobra Technology
Safety: Simpson harnesses, Mastercraft Safety window nets

#4 RPM 4WD Geiser Trophy Truck
Builder: Geiser Bros
Chassis: Geiser G4 AWD
Weight: 6,305 wet
Wheel Base: 125″
Track Width: 94″
Front Suspension: Double A arm 23″ wheel travel KING 4.0 bypass, 3.0 Internal bypass, 2.5 bump stop, 300 m sway bar, 300m axles, Fortin front drive, custom CV joints
Rear Suspension: 4 link 30″ travel, 4.5 KING. Bypass, 3.0 coilover, 2.5 bypass, 300m sway bar, Tubeworks rear end
Engine: 488 CI Dougans 8 stack 903hp 798 tq
Transmission: Rancho T400, all billet , Weisman T case
Fuel Cell: Pyrotect 94 gallon fuel cell , Aeromotive fuel system
Steering: HOWE power steering
Wheels: KMC Machette forged Beadlock wheel with 39″ bfg kr2
Paneling: All carbon fiber panels
Brakes: Brembo brake package
Navigation: Lowrance GPS X 2
Wiring: Wiring by Mark @Wirefab / programming by James Lin @jlm all motec electronics, DBW , 7 dip switches for traction control
Safety: Impact safety equipment – seats, belts, nets, bags
Cooling: Ron Davis radiators and heat exchangers , Fluidyne coolers
– XRP hose and fittings
Headers and Muffler: REF custom headers, BORLA mufflers
Team: A bad ass group of guys to make it all happen at Geiserbros and a great owner Clyde Stacy And Justin Matney.