What this sport really needs is more classes

Bdub 1020

Reaction
Nice , so Dan you think TT's should be able to remove panels and race in class one or not. My son raced a TL or as Pete says Donkey Lite Sat night in class 10 Some were complaining about it had a rear end not transaxle. I did not say anything but laughed. If you cant beat a TL with a 10 car you should not be racing off road IMO.

drofmij

Reaction
Nice , so Dan you think TT's should be able to remove panels and race in class one or not. My son raced a TL or as Pete says Donkey Lite Sat night in class 10 Some were complaining about it had a rear end not transaxle. I did not say anything but laughed. If you cant beat a TL with a 10 car you should not be racing off road IMO.
Why did they race class 10 and not 3000?

Rocket 450

Reaction

Didn't the brown safe Truggy(3000) race in class 10 at last years Mint 400. But I don't think it says anything in the rules about having to have a trans axle

Bdub 1020

Reaction
You would have to ask them but I assume who wants to race in a class with 1-3 entries. Even if you win wow unless your getting some kind of big bonus money like Ford $$$$.

drofmij

Reaction
Didn't the brown safe Truggy(3000) race in class 10 at last years Mint 400. But I don't think it says anything in the rules about having to have a trans axle
Yes, think they were in the top 5 too, it was no donkey lite

drofmij

Reaction
You would have to ask them but I assume who wants to race in a class with 1-3 entries. Even if you win wow unless your getting some kind of big bonus money like Ford $$$$.
We were the only one in the class, no glory in winning when we were the only ones in the class. We did it for the experience, never raced in Jean and eventually want to race the mint.

Bdub 1020

Reaction
Yeah im not sure but I think he got 4th in class 10 with a TL out of 10 or 11. He still was not happy haha. Was you in the 3000 Sat night I would have came over and said hello and met ya.

Rocket 450

Reaction
Yes, think they were in the top 5 too, it was no donkey lite
Just looked it up 4th overall 4th class 10. And no it wasn't a B.L. or a T.L. I believe its a Mason built car. Built to the 3000 W.B. rules. Which is the same as B.L./T.L. for a live axle car transaxle cars had to be shorter

drofmij

Reaction
Yeah im not sure but I think he got 4th in class 10 with a TL out of 10 or 11. He still was not happy haha. Was you in the 3000 Sat night I would have came over and said hello and met ya.
Yes, that would have been cool, we have talked on the phone before, I was a little too late to buy your 10 car.

Bdub 1020

Reaction
Oh ok, its funny how people can be nice in person. But RDC turns some into buttheads lol. Guess the keyboard makes them brave haha. Someday we will back out there in another buggy but waiting. Things will change with the economy. Hillary is coming California

nimrod

KOOK!
Reaction
I don't understand why these guys with smaller budgets don't race Utv's. You can race AMA district 39 in a basically totally stock UTV and have a blast. Shoot man they'll even try to have volunteers help you with pits if you've got no friends.

ltr450rider

Reaction
I don't understand why these guys with smaller budgets don't race Utv's. You can race AMA district 39 in a basically totally stock UTV and have a blast. Shoot man they'll even try to have volunteers help you with pits if you've got no friends.

Hey Nimrod,

You still have the other 2 "Class 10" threads where this can be posted. Gotta get them all covered!

:D

biffgnar

Reaction
Just create your own class after the race and define it so that you took first. Wasn't it Casey Currie a few years ago who started telling people he won the single driver class at King of the Hammers?

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Sportsman is the class for everybody who doesn't want to pick a class. The theory goes back since the creation of the sportsman class since its run what you bring.

"Spec" TT was a class I never understood since it was a PC way of saying sportsman. if money is keeping you from keeping up with the jones, literally, race sportsman or change hobbies, stop creating classes. spec 1, spec 10, spec x....race sportsman, just about any safe race vehicle fits the rules.

Dirty Harry

Reaction
Kritter you must be one of the only people that doesn't understand TT Spec, it is one of the biggest classes these days.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

ACME

Reaction
"Spec" TT was a class I never understood since it was a PC way of saying sportsman. if money is keeping you from keeping up with the jones, literally, race sportsman or change hobbies.

I don't get how 6100 doesn't make sense but everyone has an opinion. I'll agree that we don't need any more classes unless they fill a void. The issue seems to be, instead of presenting the concept of an open wheel/restricted motor class with a few limits: A few people want certain limits so their specific vehicles will be competitive. Just like 6100 has had a strong growth I think a V8/restricted motor open wheel class with a few parameters makes sense.

As for the sportsman comment then under that theory Jeepspeed should just join "Sportsman Truck" aka 140???

Jerry Zaiden

Reaction
I agree there are to many classes. In a perfect world we would have

TT
C1
C1-Spec
TT-Spec
10/1000
7/7200 unlimited V6
Stock mini truck / suv - open front suspension in stock pickup points with rear leaf springs
Stock full size truck / suv - open front suspension in stock pickup points with rear leaf springs
UTV pro
UTV stock

All older classes that don't fit go into
Sportsman buggy
Sportsman Truck

DanMcMillin

Crane Motorsports
Reaction
Im still waiting if Dan thinks TTs can race class 1 without fenders lol

Lol, I don't care if they do or not, since I don't race class 1 anymore but I think it's a weak move to do so. We don't call TT#23 a truggy or a class 1 car when it doesn't have a body on it. A dude in a dress is still a dude.

bin04

Reaction
class 9, 1/2-1600, class 11 all go into one sportsman class?!

Thanks, but i'll pass.