• Forum membership has its advantages....

On Topic What tires do you run?

johndjmix

Hey guys, we run a trophylite truck, but recently purchased a Can-Am Maverick. The can am is being used for general FUN around here in Colorado and pre running down in Baja.

Looking for advice from UTV guys on tire choice. At first I was going to go with the UTV version of the Baja TA, but after reading some reviews I think it’s too stiff of a tire for the mostly recreational use I’ll be using the thing for.

Colorado is VERY rocky, so a soft yet strong tire is what I’m looking for. Too stiff and it’s going to shake me to death.

—John

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert mobile app

jeff

Hey guys, we run a trophylite truck, but recently purchased a Can-Am Maverick. The can am is being used for general FUN around here in Colorado and pre running down in Baja.
We ran the 32" EFX MotoVator on a Can-Am X3 Max in the NORRA this year. 1400 miles, zero flats and the tires showed little sign of wear. The MotoVator airs down "ok" but it's so tough that you can hit nasty rocks all day long and the tire just shrugs them off. It's a steel belted tire (it's heavy) and the tread pattern has great pavement manners... even at 80mph. I think two sets of tires would be the happy medium. A soft carcass tire for cruising and a burlier tire like the MotoVator for Baja. I don't see a soft and flexible tire holding up well to rocks. If a soft tire is really the route you want to take a Tire Ball setup might be worth the added expense and complexity. That way a softer tire "popped" by the Colorado rocks won't necessarily be a flat tire.

20180426_153542.jpg

20180426_154337.jpg

Aloha

osborne

AMS M1 Evil. I have been running them along with several friends. Only 1 flat (big rock in the sage brush) out of 5 rigs and about 700 miles each. They wear very well and are smooth.

Zambo

I'll ask the first question I always ask about any tire....how much do they weigh?

The 32" Tensor DS is by far the lightest weight tire available that I know of. It works great but they don't last as long as some of the heavier tires. The Tensor Regulator weighs 5-6lbs more but will probably last 3 times as long, maybe more.

I work at a Polaris dealer and several customers race the Annual Mexican Coast to Coast Rally. (1,000+ miles in 5 days)

We as a delaer always give on-site support with the help of the talented team of technicians i work with, an they havent missed a podium finish.

We have found luck with 30" ITP UltraCross Tires, and also 31" BFG KM2s even on 1000 N/A RZRs, even tho those are heavier.