• Forum membership has its advantages....

What to do with the Suburban...

blind655

Hey,

On the rear of my suburban i have a ford 9"(haven't put it in yet), deaver springs, and 2 bilstein (I think they are the 5100s). Well here is the deal; I want to get some more performance out of the rear. I guess some of my options are, sway a ways, air bumps, and limit straps. I'm not looking for a whole lot more travel, just some more dampening. My Bilsteins fade very quickly; I think that is due to the fact the burb is a little heavy. I don't want to go all out on the rear (i.e. shocks through the bed) but want it to be better then it is now. Any ideas????

Thanks
Mike

Steve_HKmtrsprts

Check out John Bittings setup. He has Sway-Aways on the rear they are just laid back like the stock ones. I'm sure he'd be happy to give some advice. Also Vince's truck from Xtreme Truck Parts has a cool set-up, He's friends with Camburg, but they go into the cab, it's just another option.

Going big and Filming it all..

Chris

If you run air bumps be prepaired to turn your stereo up a little louder, and don't worry when people standing on the sidewalk jump as you go over a bump in the road. They make one heck of a racket on the street. In the dirt they are way great. I run a set in the front of my ranger just added them, bottoming the suspension aint so rough anymore. Limiting straps are always a good idea. Get the right length for your setup and you won't have to worry about tearing up the shocks, or pulling out your breaklines etc. etc.