What to do?

Titanium

Reaction
Alright i've got about 3500$ saved up for my truck 90' f150 2wd extend cab. I'm currently running Camburgs bent beams and radius arms with Deaver Leafs in the rear and bilstein shocks all the way around. What would you guys recomend to upgrade with this money? I def will be using part of this money to build a motor for it being that the truck still has the original inline 6. What motor would you guys suggest?

04yfzkid

Reaction
My suggestion is do a cab cage with that money. Trust me, when **BAN ME****BAN ME****BAN ME****BAN ME** hits the fan you will be thankful you have it. I have used one before. I now have a truck with out one, and it worries me.

As far as a motor, go get a 351 out of another f-1. If the truck see's street, keep the e40d or aod, if it is dirt only do a c4/c6. This motor made my f-1 run like a bat out of hell. It really made up for where the suspension lacked. I had stock rear end with a camburg front end on coilovers. It was smooth over decently deep whoops, went around glamis fine, and wasn't too bad around plaster city. I could only imagine what it would be like with a nice set of leafs and shocks.

CHASETHISTOO

Reaction
x2 on the cage. It's one of thse things that is a necessity IMO. You could have the badest truck out there but it aint s**t without a cage.

Safety first grasshopper.

Titanium

Reaction
i agree on the cage ordeal. What kind of shocks should i run cus frankly im not very impressed with the bilsteins. I think its time for some rezzies.

04yfzkid

Reaction
Pick a color, and run them. I have had good luck with fox, king, sway a way, and radflo. I have never run foa's or bilstiens besides the 5100's which are good for a street truck only. Shop around, find a good deal, and rebuild them if you have to.

The truck I have now, I have put through a **BAN ME****BAN ME****BAN ME****BAN ME** ton of abuse, and my shocks have held up amazing and considering they all have been around the block a couple times. Here is a picture of my OLD f-1 for some inspiration :)

gr8dane

Reaction
Pick a color, and run them. I have had good luck with fox, king, sway a way, and radflo. I have never run foa's or bilstiens besides the 5100's which are good for a street truck only. Shop around, find a good deal, and rebuild them if you have to.

The truck I have now, I have put through a **BAN ME****BAN ME****BAN ME****BAN ME** ton of abuse, and my shocks have held up amazing and considering they all have been around the block a couple times. Here is a picture of my OLD f-1 for some inspiration :)

That truck looks almost identical to mine. Same color, same fenders, same rims, almost the same suspension setup and everything, even down to the 351. popular model I guess.