what to get

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
Reaction
well since christmas has come and gone and i believe alot of you probably got money or something as a present much like i did, whats everyone planning on spending the money on?

I need off road lights badly. i cna get pretty much any kind i want except for HID's whats everyones opinion on light choice? I have been looking at the hella rallye 1000's and some piaa lights. if i go piaa i am going to get two 8.5 inch round lights at i believe 120 watts and two 6.5 inch rectangle lights also at 120 watts. i am going to get tow round and two rectangle lights for my bumper no matter what the choice is. what do you guys think?

Gregg

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
Sounds like you have already narrowed it down. Search the forums and check out what other people have said about the hellas and PIAA's it has been talked about. Thats the best I can say. I think most lights are going to be the same within each price range similar to shocks. You have your 200 shocks and your 1500 shocks. They get better the more you spend. I dont think you would be unhappy with either the PIAA or the Hella, I have ran both, even Cepeks and Pro Comps and I have no complaints, They have all provided plenty of light at night off roading.

"faster than it looks"

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.lightforce.com>www.lightforce.com</A> lightest lights, adjsutable from wide to pencil, different color lenses, lifetime warranty...what else can I say besides...be sure to chekc them out before you buy anything

Kris
"Buy American before it's too late"

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
Kritter,

I'm getting tired of hearing your lightforce plugs! Are you a sales rep or something?! :)

See ya in the dirt!

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Just making sure he made a well informed decision! Maybe someday I will get some free ones!!

Kris

cleartoy

Reaction
Ive always enjoyed Hella 500s. I just finished mounting up 3 of em and will be trying em out this weekend.

94 Toyota stdcab 2x4
99 Yamaha YZ250

Got Sand??

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
Reaction
david,

Just make sure with those lights you loosen the nuts on the bottom before you go to adjust position. in a hurry my buddy tried to move one of mine and ripped the entire plastic housing apart.

Gregg

desertracer

Reaction
I just got 2 Hella raylle 4000's, not the hid's, and mounted them on my truck and they seem to work very well. As a side note, does anybody have any tricks to keep these lights from getting ripped off?

MDR #112

cleartoy

Reaction
00 thanks for the tip, and slap your friend.

DR, tackweld the nut to the bolt.

94 Toyota stdcab 2x4
99 Yamaha YZ250

Got Sand??

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Ya just tack the nut to the tab...if you tack it to the bolt you will jack up the threads and never be able to get them off.

Go Big Or Go Home
United Jumping Truck Society

martininsocal

Reaction
CPA- as the last post said, just tack those headlights to some nuts and you will be happy! :)

If your gonna go, go BIG

cleartoy

Reaction
Fish, if you tack the nut to the tab, true you can save the threads on the bolt, but the light can still be loosened and removed.

Once aimed, why would you ever take it off unless you change the mount\bumper? Bulbs are replaceable.

YO YO YO.

94 Toyota stdcab 2x4
99 Yamaha YZ250

Got Sand??

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Reasons for having to remove the lights...roosted by rocks which break headlights, people get nerfed or nerf...etc etc etc. ask why WFO doesnt run them!!!!

Kris

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Ya I would want to be able to take them off....in order to get them off you would have to be able to turn the light itsself totally around to loosen it. Most bumpers wount not let the light to turn all the way because the top hoop is usally to close to make a complete turn....unless your trophy truck style with no top hoop :)

Go Big Or Go Home
United Jumping Truck Society

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
make a removable front light bar that comes off with 2 bolts or pins. Gabe has that style on his Newline prerunner...check it out.

Kris