What to use to keep mud off??

MADTERROR

Reaction
Just wondering what to use to keep mud off our kart. We have tried wd40 but it still sticks. Any info would be great. Thanks.

CaptinCrash

Reaction
more wd it worked 4 us

3D of 3DCS

Reaction
I've heard baby oil works well.

josh_d52

Reaction
not sure who it's made by but its called muddoff thats what we used and its works really good. Sprintcar/ dirttrack racers use it thats how i foundout about it.

BedoJ

Reaction
believe it or not, olive oil.

DZT RCR

Reaction
OLD school Pam or any stuff you spray on cooking dishes to make them non stick, thats why olive oil works well too;)

racer greg

Reaction
cooking oil or any food grade oil. washes rite off, prespray with a little dish soap and your good to rinse. petrolium based oils can be a pain to clean off and stain paint and powder coating.

greg

DaughertyRacing

Reaction
We tried the mud off... not so good! We use wd-40,buy it by the gallon and put it in a bug sprayer, seams to work pretty well.

We use the Lucas Oil slick mist to keep the truck and rig looking good in between rounds!!

MGERALD195

Reaction
i tried Pam back in the day and it stained my alum. panels and it was hard to scrub off and get to look nice. Now all we use is Mothers tire shine on panels and a lot of AMSOIL MP on the chassis and it works real well.

07FJRog

Reaction
nothing really works well, but I have tried alot of stuff, all about the same, silicone, pledge, wd40, slick mist (smells good, but doesn't do anything), spray waxes.
wd40 for the frame washes off the best IMO, pledge washes off the best on body panels.

WFODAN

Reaction
I used WD-40 on my truck for years. It did a decent job, but I always wondered if something would work better. I was talked i nto trying the Kalgaurd 30/30 for one of the Perris races, and have been sold ever since. That stuff lets the mud fall right off no matter how wet they get the track. With WD-40 I would notice some spots were inches thick with mud, but since switching over to the 30/30, it hasn't happened. Not to mention cleaning the truck back at the shop is ten times easier. It looks almost black when we get back with dust and grime, but after having the 30/30 on it at the track, it wipes right off, and save me many many hours of scotch brite scrubbing. I don't use anything else anymore.

Just make sure to use enough to get it really wet. I even spray it on the body with great success.

D.L.C.

Reaction
Kalgaurd 30/30 is what you need
we have been using it for about 3 years now and its the S**T
it will leave a little film if you put it on real thick but well worth it ........ mud, rust, or dust it all comes off clean and easy
we use it on the raw cage and the body .... the stuff is awesome

D.L.C.

Reaction
LOL ..... I just read Dans post after I posted mine
but there you go Kalguard 30/30 it works awesome

Last edited:

e_lunatic

Reaction
I used WD-40 on my truck for years. It did a decent job, but I always wondered if something would work better. I was talked i nto trying the Kalgaurd 30/30 for one of the Perris races, and have been sold ever since. That stuff lets the mud fall right off no matter how wet they get the track. With WD-40 I would notice some spots were inches thick with mud, but since switching over to the 30/30, it hasn't happened. Not to mention cleaning the truck back at the shop is ten times easier. It looks almost black when we get back with dust and grime, but after having the 30/30 on it at the track, it wipes right off, and save me many many hours of scotch brite scrubbing. I don't use anything else anymore.

Just make sure to use enough to get it really wet. I even spray it on the body with great success.

as someone who has spent more then a few hours scrubbing dan's truck, yea the 30/30 works pretty well.

randy1123

Reaction

I 2nd that. I was given some and this stuff worked the best. We even did different spots of the car with four different products so we could see the difference next to each other. 30/30 was by far the winner. I have the order form to buy this by the case, thanks for reminding me I need to order more.

CREW CHIEF_507

Reaction
Hey guys,
Working for the kalgard’s racing division we have been to almost every style of racing out there, from Moto cross, Dirt track sprint cars, Road racing, Off-Road, and Short coarse with our house cars, Trenton Briley #507, and Robert Briley #125, I personally use the 30/30 for the heavy tracks and have had great success, plus it keeps our raw chassis from rusting and smells a whole hell of a lot better than wd-40 and others, The Prep & Shine for the common use of car shows and dusty tracks will keep you car looking shiny and smelling good. You guys like the 30/30 you should soak any bearing or himes on your car, especially the jr. karts. Contact Cleaner- a powerful hexane cleaner that DOSNT EAT RUBBER and cleans and doesn’t leave a potent nauseas after smell, Filter cleaner that will take the red out of a K&N with the oil to put back on it, the Kalgard Fabric Filter oil will lay on clear and allow you to see how dirty your air filter is supplying maximum air flow in your motor. The engine oil is amazing were running the kalgard 10-40 Full Synthetic and every time we tear down a motor we have 0-minimal wear inside our motor.

Next time you guys see us at a race whether its SXS, LOORS, TORC cruise over and we can set you up with a 50% OFF sponsorship package and some swag.

Thanks,
Twink
Kalgard