what tools do you carry on the trail

Lance T

Reaction
I want Sam to build me one of these for the trail...very useful!

randy s

Reaction
We at EC Motorsports never carry tools...you may ask yourself WHY??? Well, neither my cousin nor me know who to use them...:D:D:D
with you guys who needs em'? if you're going fast enough, you can coast to where the mechanics are hanging out, right?

randy s

Reaction
LOL -Extra patches for the Jenna Doll. Those must be if you get into a Tight spot in the Bush and have some Hard times getting out . Don't forget some lubricants - motor oil & KY
but not just any motor oil or lubricant. some of that stuff'll eat away at the artificial hair. extra patches are for jumping cactus. she likes it rough.

randy s

Reaction
but not just any motor oil or lubricant. some of that stuff'll eat away at the artificial hair. extra patches are for jumping cactus. she likes it rough.
and tell loomis to stay away from her.

randy s

Reaction
offroadtrailtools.com has a bunch of really cool stuff....
it's got some neat stuff.....boy, you sure don't have to sell very many flashlights at $244 dollars apiece to retire early do ya?

ultrablew

Reaction
it's got some neat stuff.....boy, you sure don't have to sell very many flashlights at $244 dollars apiece to retire early do ya?

I wouldn't know..Unfortunately I am not at the receiving end of this site, but once I started looking around it, it had some pretty cool stuff..:)

billy1911

Reaction
I carry what the weather man has. I just dont have the welder and I carry carpet and also a good first aid kit with a neck stabilizer.

Score 44

<font color="DarkOrchid">Think Strange</font>
Reaction
Chuck --- A Rolls Royce is not low key as you already knew, you show off!!!!!!!!!!!! At SCORE Races. you are the man. I have discussed the idea of a SCORE RETRIEVAL ASSOCIATION, with you as the chief of retrievals. This would be a volunteer position as it is at the BITD races, and a much needed group of volunteers, for Laughlin and Primm. At Mexico races your group, should you become the revered leader, would be of enormous assistance to the racers. Please say you will take on this responsibility!!

And chuck, I also have all the stuff you mentioned plus loads of other stuff, I forgot in my first post. My emergency lights, besides retrieval at BITD, are for pulling over the snow birds on the Desert Bar Road. It's only five miles long , buts thats two drinks when you count the time saved.

SCORE 44 too Weatherman.....
looks like we both carry a lot of " stuff "..... & as any one who has seen it!
your rig is one damn sweet ride..... by the way I haven't used 4 wheel drive in over 3 years.... I DO NOT mean to sound like a " show off " in my own twisted? world it is low profile.... & coming from YOU of all people, I'm so not worthy of your kind words....
You are the man & always will be....

Yes we have spoke of this retrieval group, & YES I would consider it an honor too
run it.... ( & by the way I've wanted to work with you at BITD events!! )
To set this "SRA" up, a couple of things need to be worked out, but yes a group of this sort would be awesome...

Also on your pulling over the snow birds, there are SO many times in traffic that since I have all the po po lights it's SO tempting to turn 'em on & pass 'em all.....
In fact I am VERY tempted to light up a Ca. highway patrol car, could you imagine the look on the officer's face, with a purple Roll-Royce trying too pull him over!!!!!
would he stop? or try to flip around & light me up??? & yes I know but it would be SO worth it.... in the end i would be there with my hands crossed, waiting for the cuffs
trying to keep a straight face....

Forty1Racing

Reaction
Carry a healthy portion of Might mend it and a morphine drip if I land on a Cactus!

Rip Billy mays btw.

jesusgatos

Reaction
I've been exploring the PNW on dirt bikes for the past few years, and I've found that the backpack I ride with also makes a great bag to throw in the back of the truck. I've always been pretty good about carrying tools, but there are a lot of other things that I didn't used to give much thought to until I had to consider the possibility of being stranded a LOOOONG way out, with no help coming. There's a really good thread on toolkits for bikes on ADVrider here. Upsize the sockets and wrenches, add whatever vehicle-specific tools you might need, and you're good to go no matter what you're riding/driving.

jesusgatos

Reaction
When you think about it, it's really surprising how few tools we need to work on most things. I just took my Deuce and a Half on a 1,500-mile road-trip and not knowing what to expect, I wanted to be prepared. Turns out you don't need much more than a 3/8" socket set and basic hand tools to do most regular maintenance/repairs, even on a 16,000lb 6x6 military truck. As I'm preparing to do more extensive traveling for longer periods of time, I've been thinking a lot about what tools I want to have with me and what I can leave behind. Most of the serious chase trucks I've seen seem to have it pretty well figured out, and that's what I keep referring back to as I'm getting all my junk together.

maxyedor

Reaction
Pelican 1600 case with just about everything I need to fix whatever mite break

Then a 15lb Co2 tank, impact, air ratchet, cut-off wheel, and air-chisel, enough fluids and filters for a full service, spare hardware for everything that mite cause me to not make it back, spare heims and bushings, motor mounts, wheel bearings, axles, rear driveshaft and a box of Cheeze-its.

Given the innumerable trail fixes I've managed to get handled I think the extra weight from all the tools is worth it, plus it sits behind the axle and makes the truck handle rough stuff better.