What tracking device have you guys used?

RFS Motorsports

Reaction
We are looking for a reliable tracking device that we can mount in our truck for races. With the problems that we have had with the IRC failure at the 500 and the races that do not use them, we want to make sure that our crew can track our truck. We find that it is beneficial for safety and break downs. I have done some research and it looks like we need a satellite GPS system. Look forward to hearing some constructive input.
Thanks in advance.

pciscott

Reaction
Redundancy is good, we run two systems. The Iritrack system has sat phone capability which is a plus, but the ionearth system has real time tracking in your chase trucks with PDA. They take away the need to communicate status as you can see an update every 2 minutes of how fast the truck is going with race milage along with all chase units. It is an expensive system, but well worth it in my opinion. I have my race truck and 3 chase vehicle units. Mikey Childress has one of my chase units at the BullRun and you can find a link to track him at generaltire.com. Awesome system and the support from Jerry and Bud is awesome. They drove out to Baja Mar before the 500 to make sure we were dialed in about 20 miles out of town. Anyone who wants to rent my units for a BITD race PM me as they are an asset that is wasted on my shelves as I have not been racing as much as I would like.

RFS Motorsports

Reaction
Thanks Scott. I will check them out.
Robert