What Type of races do you like the most?

What type of races do you like the most?

• Short loop desert cross style like (BAP and RATR) multiple heats , multiple laps

Votes: 9 11.3%
  • medium loop races 40 to 80 mile multiple laps

Votes: 14 17.5%
  • Long loop races 100 plus mile laps multiple laps

Votes: 16 20.0%
  • point to point (also one long loop)

Votes: 41 51.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Katfab

Reaction
please select one what type of races you as racers would like to race?

ltr450rider

Reaction
Interesting poll. As a racer, I would prefer a long loop race with multiple laps or a point to point race, but as a spectator I would want a short lap, heat style race with lots of action.

More than that, I would prefer a well organized event/race, regardless of the length of the race/lap. I would say that the length of the race/lap should depend on how organized the people running the race are, including volunteers. I wouldn't care if a race was short and rough if it was well run over a long point to point race that was run by people who didn't care about their "job", who let issues like penalties and short cuts ruin the results. Organization and fair results are what I like.

Katfab

Reaction
This poll will be up for 2 weeks
I am hoping to get some good feed back

CFreeLV

Reaction
I didn't vote. The perfect series would be one of each of those style of events.

bajafox

Accepted
Reaction
Any south of the border. Rather wait 3 hrs at the border to get back than drive 3 hrs to any US race.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

randy s

Reaction
the SCORE baja 500 and 1000...CODE and RECORD series are great too..endurance races.

Frank13

Reaction
Point to points & long lap races. Usually alot less wear and tear on equipment. Although Bap & Rage are pretty fun w/ the large car counts.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

x9racer

Reaction
Point to points & long lap races. Usually alot less wear and tear on equipment. Although Bap & Rage are pretty fun w/ the large car counts.

BAP and RAGE are the best you can get , 2.5 hours of wheel to wheel racing that is intense from the drop of the flag. These races are not hold back and let the other guy break they are drivers races and you need to use the gas peddle to win

retroblazer

Reaction
I like the low entry fee races, if I'm not doing a B1k. Given what I'm racing with, limited travel and decent hp, smooth(relative term) and fast is my second preference. And long over short would be next.

nimrod

KOOK!
Reaction
My favorite race as crew is the SF 250. It's fairly accessible and fun to chase and prerun without putting you into full zombie mode from being up for 20 hours on race day. As a spectator Laughlin was awesome, lots of great action with tons of great amenities close by. That's code for In-n-Out located right outside the pit gate!
Any race Mrs. Nimrod can make it to with me instantly makes that one a favorite so Primm, the Mint, and Laughlin all score high for that reason.
PS. Oh shoot I forgot Parker, the 425 is epic but it might being going the way of the dodo bird.

Katfab

Reaction
I understand Every one loves racing in Mexico myself included.
the reason I started this poll is I am working on some new races and formats
in dealing with the BLM I have found most BLM districts operate by their own set of guidelines some reasonable and some not so reasonable , I have been in contact with BLM offices from 4 states
NV, CA, AZ and UT to try and bring some new stuff to our sport down the road a year or 2

retroblazer

Reaction
I understand Every one loves racing in Mexico myself included.
the reason I started this poll is I am working on some new races and formats
in dealing with the BLM I have found most BLM districts operate by their own set of guidelines some reasonable and some not so reasonable , I have been in contact with BLM offices from 4 states
NV, CA, AZ and UT to try and bring some new stuff to our sport down the road a year or 2

Good luck with your efforts. I'll add to my earlier response that running new ground or routes is another factor in race selection for those of us that don't race for championships.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert mobile app

dezert_nerd

Reaction
If you want to race on a small course, then go race short course. This is desert racing, where the courses should be 200+ miles. I've raced both RATR and BAP and I've enjoyed both but not like a long distance race. Make the courses long and unbearable to see who takes care of their cars and to see who the toughest guys in the desert really are. Sal Fish said it best in D2G when he was describing the Baja 1000, "This is not for wusses, let's face it."

Bdub 1020

Reaction
4 - 60 mile loops with a main and 1/2 way pit. Takes less support and $$$$ but still is desert racing where you get rough and fast course. Who knows someday we might be back Kenny. Carry on

Katfab

Reaction
please keep the input coming this poll will run for one more week