What we have lost over the years

snoreracer

Reaction
I started looking at some old race results and started reminiscing about some places that we can't race anymore so I would like you to pick just 2 of your favorites places that you raced that is now off limits and the experience that you had the make the cut of the top 2 .

Mine are Eldorado valley south of Las Vegas . I liked BLM's revenge and Boulder hwy, both had rocks the size of basketballs for miles on end . One year I was racing in 1600 and caught Rob Mac in BLM's revenge in this class 8 and gave him a tap. The rocks in BLM's revenge were 2 feet and bigger on the side of the track.
The 2nd track would be the north Mint track at Moapa . The rock garden was another spot that I liked one reason was I got to pass walker in his class 8 in my 1200cc 10 car it was a thrill , at the end I slapped my co-rider on the arm and pointed to the mirror we didn't have an intercom in those days and I knew walker was coming

B&W Race Car Photos0008.jpg

nohandslance

Reaction
Gold Coast 250 track for sure.. Prerunning with BigBro in a brand new rolling chassis with no body panels or
lid. Weird seeing your feet 18" off the ground wondering if I put enough Locktite on the steering rack bolts.

Last edited:

Rcamp99

Reaction
Kenny, I love your posts and photos about the old days of racing. Im too young to have an old track not around any more. But one course ive always wanted to race was the boulder city side Henderson 250 that bitd used to do and is gone now.

Or possibly the snore 250 when it was on the back side of apex.

Fourstroker

Reaction
California Parker Loop. Those were great races. And I didn't get to race it but I have seen old school videos of races just north of Palm Springs. Man, those would be great races in that area.
Me too. A body count miscalculation by my Dads team had my brother and I riding in the race car on the trailer from the CA side back to Shea Road. Good times.

Moapa/Apex was cool as well. Glad I got to race it a few times when SNORE had the Mint over there

J Prich

Reaction
North Vegas course is what I miss the most. Bummed that we weren't able to get a race vehicle together until after the Mint moved from there. Those last couple of years on the north Vegas course were probably anyone's last shot at racing that area.

J Prich

Reaction
North course Mint 400 with the rock garden and bridge jump.
Parker 400 with California loop
Fireworks 250 in Barstow with all the factory teams. I know there are a lot of races still there but its just not same as a HDRA/Score weekend.
Agreed on Fireworks 250 too. Maybe not even feasible any more but a big time desert race in the high desert again would be rad.

kyle_pc_75

Reaction
I have only been around desert racing for about ten years, but I wish we could race on some of the routes in Utah we've lost. Aragonite, Delle, Wendover on the Utah side. So much good terrain.

We keep trying to get stuff back and won't give up.

23511069_1524246814336423_1468958710712660171_o.jpg

J Prich

Reaction
I feel like somewhere there has to be a track where a Riverside type race could be duplicated. The desert spots that are closed to access these days are gone but a modern day Riverside type race still seems feasible.

snoreracer

Reaction
Gold Coast 250 track for sure.. Prerunning with BigBro in a brand new rolling chassis with no body panels or
lid. Weird seeing your feet 18" off the ground wondering if I put enough Locktite on the steering rack bolts.
west side of I-15 was good stuff Snore is working on doing some track on the west side of I-15 the issue is the cost of the EA but we re working on it