what width 9" to use

geoff

Reaction
what width 9\" to use

I got a 28 spline 9" thats 61" WMS to WMS from a lincoln, but im gonna go for a big bearing housing, this isnt worth the possibility that it would break.

I went to a few junkayrds today only to get pissed off cause every axle is torn apart, so ill just order one from curry or somewhere.

What widths would you use on a toyota linked with 2" wide lower arms mounting outside of the frame rail? I think that narrower is better for the rear, correct? Just trying to to get an idea of waht perhaps Gabe uses on his ranger. thanks

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams." -- Willy Wonka

NEWLINE_k2

Reaction
Re: what width 9\" to use

I dont remember exactly what Gabes rear width is but its close to stock. He is actually gonna get a new one to match the width of the front which is 80'' overall (outside of tire to outside of tire).

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://newline-products.com>newline-products.com</A>

geoff

Reaction
Re: what width 9\" to use

hey thanks for responding. i was looking at the pics on your site and i couldnt see any pics of where the rear attaches to the lowers, but it looks like you have them attach in front of the axle? Why didnt you place them under the axle?

Also, do you recommend matching track widths from front to rear?

Finally, where did you determine to place the instantaneous center in relation to the CG? I was trying to look, and it seems like you have only one position for the uppers to mount to?

I wanted to use a plate like these:
http://www.stockcarproducts.com/rsusp7a.htm

so i could tune the IC location and change setup a bit

I understand this is your business/livelihood but im doing this for a senior mechanical engineering design project and having a lot of trouble finding any information on antyhing other than short travel suspensions. Thanks!

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams." -- Willy Wonka