What would be your perfect Baja trip?

rzr1000-rider

Reaction
Hey, looking for some info.
You guys all go down to Baja to race, pre-run, see and do the best of what Baja has to offer; But never have enough time to really take it all in.
I’m sure say to yourselves, “If I ever have time I would like to come back and check this out” or “I wish I had the opportunity to share this experience with my family.”
Well here is my plan. Over the holidays, I’m taking the family for a week or so just to explore and take it all in. Looking for may be a fishing day , beach day and also a horseback riding day and Possibly an orphanage to give back to Baja during the holiday season.
Probably will go down as far as Bay Of LA.
Really would appreciate some pointers input and helpful suggestions..
My experience with Baja is that I chased with a team in 2015 at the 1000.
Looking for mild to wild and camping on the beach/ rustic to 5 star lodging is ok. Fleabag is no bueno.
Some ideas on what not to miss for food. Let me here about the must see and about the don’t want to miss out on.
Thank you all I really appreciate it!

ehall

Reaction
Hit all the favorites and do a loop.
San felipe
Alfonsinas
Coco
Bola- see the mission
Catavina
Punta baja
La lobera
Desert inn in Catavina
Melling ranch
Take them up the goat trail
Mikes sky ranch
Tacos at valle t

Speedy Gonzales

Reaction
If you can go further south, Guerrerro Negro to play with the grey whales in Scammons Lagoon, spend the day in the plaza in San Ignacio, camp on the beach on any of the white sandy beaches along the Bay of Concepcion

Curt LeDuc

Reaction
December 27-30. We cross and return at Tecate. 120 miles every day. We do one trip a month next year and have a blast the last 2 years with customers who have become great friends on these trips. From all walks of life,some stoped going to Baja 20 years ago. My job is to make sure every day there will be something that surprises and exceeds there ideas about Baja.
IMG_1677.jpg
IMG_1689.jpg
IMG_0925.jpg
IMG_0896.jpg

Some of you may know these places but my guess is if you have been to Baja you have all zipped by headed north or south. Come find your happy place, you deserve it!!
IMG_0051.jpg
IMG_0061.jpg
IMG_0339.jpg
IMG_0855.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert mobile app

Stuck Sucks

Reaction
Wintertime on the Sea of Cortez side CAN be windy and cool, blowing like hell from the norte. If you wander into the higher elevation pine forests, it can be downright cold at night (OK, not NJ cold). Not trying to poo poo your trip, but be warned it could get chilly. But again, I'll bet you know how to manage cold.

You guys will have an awesome time - share photos when you return.

jackassracing89

Reaction
Went down in a group of 3 in march. and again for the 1000.
Started in San Felipe, stayed at a few, but I tend to like George's. Decent rooms and rates. El Nido steak restaurant is killer! right next door.
Day 2:Headed south, checked out Gonzaga bay and Cocos, ended in Bay of LA. stayed at Los Vientos. Very nice. Even better food. Dinner and breakfast rocked.
Day 3:Race course south thru El Arco, stayed in San Ignacio. Nice new and cheap hotel at La Huetra. Very cool Mision.
Day 4:Down to Loreto, stayed at la Mision Loreto. Nicest hotel I've stayed in baja. Very cool bar, restaurant and pool. Overlooking the bay and walking distance to the mIsion. Awesome food at La Palapa and Mi Loreto.
Day 5: Stayed at a Eco lodge. on Playa Buenaventura just south of Mulege, nice views, cool bar and food. Sucky rooms.
Day 6: Back North to Guerrero Negro: cant remember where we stayed, not worth it, stay at Halfway Inn. Hit and miss on food, but stayed in Rv at 1000 in lot next to first taco stand on right. good stuff.
Whale watching, i was skeptical, but it was really cool. Found a mama and baby, and they stayed with us for 1/2 a hour. My wife literally kissed the mama. very cool.
Day 7: Detour to San Borja Mision. rough road, ever for pre runners, but fun and worth the trip. Dinner at Alfonsinas back North, and Georges in San Felipe.

Further than your talking, but well worth the trip

PAB

40's rock!
Reaction
Here's some good stuff.....

2017 Monster Energy Trail of Missions presented by BFGoodrich

2016 Monster Energy Trail of Missions presented by BFGoodrich

The Desert Assassins host 3 truck trips a year but there just isn't a lot of room so we it's a crap shoot to get a spot but the two shows above should give you some good looks at some epic Baja.

Hav fun no matter what you do and always do your own research and trust no one as everyoens opinions, timing and milages good for them in a day very.

Enjoy

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
Reaction
It would be better if there were suggestions instead of an infomercial. Love'n up on you Cam, but he simply wanted some cool places to go. My 2.5 pesos. Besos mi amigo.

motoman29

Reaction
My perfect Baja trip is every single time I cross the border!

The list of amazing places to visit vary largely on who you ask and what the capabilities of the one's looking for the adventure are.

I would tell some people to visit certain places that I would highly discourage others from going to.

That being said. . .

IMO

These are in no particular order

Santa Veronica
Valle T tacos
Mike's (do I need to explain?)
Gonzaga
Punta Final
Coco's (even though he has been in a bad mood recently)
San Borja is a must visit
B of LA (for the sunrise)

and getting further south
7 Sisters
Bahia Tortugas
San Ignacio (the mission and the ice cream)
Mulege
any of the many amazing coves on Bahia Conception
Loreto

I could keep going. . .

Viva Baja!

51rcr

Reaction
With a wife along, Stay at Baja Cactus in in El Rosario, Great value and nice. look it up. then get dinner and breakfast at Mama Espinozia restaurant next door, beach like 5 miles to the west. If ya make it down to Guerrero Negro to watch whales and salt get the good value food a Marios. These are on my list for when the other half goes.

y2kbaja

Reaction
IMG_3796.jpg
. I planned the trip Jackass talked about above. If you get to Guerra Negro during whale season I highly recommend a tour. Definitely a life top ten moment

Sent from my iPad using race-deZert mobile app

DeRaRa

Reaction
Hey, looking for some info.
You guys all go down to Baja to race, pre-run, see and do the best of what Baja has to offer; But never have enough time to really take it all in.
I’m sure say to yourselves, “If I ever have time I would like to come back and check this out” or “I wish I had the opportunity to share this experience with my family.”
Well here is my plan. Over the holidays, I’m taking the family for a week or so just to explore and take it all in. Looking for may be a fishing day , beach day and also a horseback riding day and Possibly an orphanage to give back to Baja during the holiday season.
Probably will go down as far as Bay Of LA.
Really would appreciate some pointers input and helpful suggestions..
My experience with Baja is that I chased with a team in 2015 at the 1000.
Looking for mild to wild and camping on the beach/ rustic to 5 star lodging is ok. Fleabag is no bueno.
Some ideas on what not to miss for food. Let me here about the must see and about the don’t want to miss out on.
Thank you all I really appreciate it!

Here's my favorites
North to South Tecate to BOLA
1. Santa Veronica
2. Gonzaga Bay
3. Punta Final
4. Calamajue
5. Salsipuedes Canyon
6. Blue Lagoon
7. Condelero
8. Cierra Colorado
9. Alcatraz Beach.

JBSTEVENS44

Reaction
The best trip would be the one where there is no return home. :).
You really can't go wrong. It's all amazing and wonderful.