What would you pay for website hosting??

Timberwlf

First off I hope this post doesent piss John or Klaus off..if so please delete it

Ive got a few of my own webservers and ive been thinking about setting up some low cost hosting for all the Dezert People to do things like host pictures and videos and of corse webpages..it would include 250 megs of server space and bandwith usage wouldnt be a issue (no more of that bandwith exceeded crap)

What would you be willing to pay for this???

Thanks
Brandon
AKA Timberwlf

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
is it really going to be unlimited bandwidth? What kind of speeds? What kind of environment is this equipment in?

Timberwlf

My servers have a 10mbit connection to the net and are hosted ar a state of the art server farm in located in Texas..bandwith would be pretty much unlimited with some execptions(sp) ex: if ya were to start using waaaaaayyyyyyyy to much ya would NOT be shut down like most places..I would just put a bandwith throttle on the account ( basically like a governor on a car ) until the activity slowed down. basically as long as you arent sharing prirated software, serving mp3s or doing other illegal crap all should be ok.

Basically Im thinking like 9.99 per mo. Im not really doing this to make a profit I figure at that price it would cover costs and maybee a little beer money

Later
Brandon

klaus

Administrator
In my opinion there is no such thing as "unlimited" as the reseller has limits as well. I charge $20.00 per month for shared hosting, 500mb storage, 50 mailboxes, one domainname hosted (but its ok to point more to the site) and the monthly transfer limit is around 10GB per month. Urchin tracking software, User admin console, web-based email and/or pop3 and IMAP. MySql, Miva, perl, php, frontpage-ext and whatever modules you can think of I am willing to install.
Servers are in a secure, backbone and power redundant datacenter facility.

10GB is fine for most normal sites unless you host video files and large picture galleries.

JPDesertsports

I'm glad someone knows how to let me get my Dezert info, because reading that last post made my head hurt. I rode the short bus. Sorry to be off topic, but thanks again for the great job with the site.
-JJ

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Thanks for that info Klaus...u never returned my email regarding hosting us.

I pay 93/year for whats below, but often exceed the bandwidth and get shut down for a few hours.

klaus

Administrator
sounds like a good deal...
Sorry on the email/PM reply. Slacker is my middle name at times