• Forum membership has its advantages....

whats a good offroad video game?

dezertrdr

theres tons of offroad games but i just dont know a good one.. i dont wanna go buy one and be totally dissapointed.. what games do you guys like?

Big Hock

Bababooey!!!
View attachment 156013 2 versions of the same game , one officially licensed one not . Both are AWESOME .
BWAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAAA you called them awesome. The score game was terrible. Baja EOC was okay at best. Truth is there's never been a great off road game. I still think SODA on pc was the best off road game and it's 20 years old. if someone used that physics engine and made a modern game with it it would be awesome.

While not technically an off-road game, Forza Horizon 2 on Xbox one has quite a lot of off-road cars and tracks. Probably the best off-road game on current gen consoles.

sb4pro

Defiantly ! It's really cool I've already unlocked the U-4 rigs . You start out with a stock jeep and work your up to a U-4 Rock Buggy
image.jpg image.jpg

baja619

Lead Foot Off Road for PCs
There is another one on PC that was open source and was pretty rad. Cannot remember the damn name tho.

View attachment 156013 2 versions of the same game , one officially licensed one not . Both are AWESOME .
Theyre also hard to find apparently. I worked at a Gamestop for a few months earlier this year and some guy came in looking for one, seems nobody is willing to sell them.

I dont own any of last gens consoles anymore but I wish I had kept my copy

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

JayQC

BWAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAAA you called them awesome. The score game was terrible. Baja EOC was okay at best. Truth is there's never been a great off road game. I still think SODA on pc was the best off road game and it's 20 years old. if someone used that physics engine and made a modern game with it it would be awesome.

While not technically an off-road game, Forza Horizon 2 on Xbox one has quite a lot of off-road cars and tracks. Probably the best off-road game on current gen consoles.
Edge of control is superb fun, the other one isn't.

As far as physics go, Edge of Control was really good. It suffered in the graphics, but not enough to kill the experience.

JDDurfey

Some of you may have seen this, but I found a pretty challenging rally game for phone/ipad called Colin Mcrae Rally. It is fairly difficult and the graphics are fair. You have the option of using a hand brake or 4 wheel brakes. Repairs are made after every other stage, so keeping the car intact is important.

I wish they made a similar game but for dirt with some head to head racing. I downloaded that Trophy Lite Rally game, and it is way to simple and gets boring very quickly.

Somebody should try to get some game creators together and build a console game. I am sure the fellow off-road community would definitely donate money to create a game that has a little bit of baja and even king of the hammers style gameplay

JayQC

Dirt 3 is quite good, but on the arcade side of things I think.

I'm a huge Baja Edge of Control nerd on the Xbox 360. This one I still play a lot and have been for at least a year. When the girlfriend leaves for the weekend I know I'll be cracking a couple beers and ripping through the baja 1000, which can take anywhere from 2.5 to 4 hours depending in the class you choose. That means a succession of 20-25 minute stages of uninterrupted barrelling through terrain so challenging your brain will hurt. From what I've read there is quite a big difference in optimization and graphics between the PS3 and XBOX 360 version, the 360 coming out on top.

Also spintires.

Spintires has superb deformable terrain, gnarly looking mud (that gets shoved aside when your tires hit it) and crazy good physics. It is NOT a fast game though. It's a lumberfest of slow trail driving in huge military trucks, getting stuck, unstuck, stopping to spot a good line, trying it out, failing and repeating. I freaking love that game.

Dirt Rally is the best rally simulator I've ever played, but I haven't played it a lot. It's HARD AS NAILS. But rally is supposed to be.

Somebody should try to get some game creators together and build a console game. I am sure the fellow off-road community would definitely donate money to create a game that has a little bit of baja and even king of the hammers style gameplay
2xl games, codemasters, and THQ could make the next baja game...these developers are always into off road and motorsport games and their games are actually pretty impresive when it comes to physics and graphics.

I saw Dirt Rally yesterday at Target for $40 but couldnt pull the trigger. Still debating if I wanna pick up the new Forza

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk