Whats a Roll Over Cost?

idealer

Reaction
So I know this is a loaded question but I was curious if I am pushing my truck to hard and wad it in a roll whats it really gonna cost me? Those of you that have done it what did it set you back?

mgobaja

Reaction
Baring any medical expenses. The biggest bruise will most likely be to your ego or pride.

Hawkeye

Reaction
I Have had the privilege to roll my last two races. One was completely my own fault, on the other I got trucked by someone blasting through my dust and blowing the corner completely. I was fortunate to have a well built class 10 car. I would say if you don't do structural damage to the frame and the motor and transmission are unharmed you should get by with a grand or less. If anything else gets harmed you could have close to 10,000 in damage

D-rek

Reaction
I have been over several times and the cost can be 0-10k+

idealer

Reaction
Like when Josh wadded Sheila what did that cost?

mgobaja

Reaction
I saw Sheila that night of the crash on our way out from the pit, before they got to it with the trailer. a LOT of damaged parts, but that could be a good thing as they took the energy from the crash instead of it all going to Josh and Allen's bodies

It would not surprise me if that repair bill was $25k or more, this isnt including Allen's medical bills

pdailey

Racer
Reaction
I wadded my V8 4 seater up pretty good a few years back. I needed a whole new chassis and new suspension components. Chassis never broke but was heavily tweaked. Transmission was damaged as well. Original builder did all the repairs. parts and labor was $40k

TJ_Gambino

Reaction
It will cost you a lot more than you would have won by winning your class. The best drivers know when to go 100% and when it is time to show some discretion. You will enter more races and gain more experience by understanding your limits and keeping the rubber side down.

Or

You could overdue it and miss the rest of the season rebuilding your truck.

C. Bucher

Reaction
Depends on what you break. Seen repair bills as high as $30-40K.

idealer

Reaction
I just figured this would be an interesting topic that I have not seen discussed. my truck is 76 wide 111 wb and 500hp, I almost wadded it last time I went testing... I know I just jinxed myself!

Tom_Willis

Reaction
IMG_1042.JPG
So I know this is a loaded question but I was curious if I am pushing my truck to hard and wad it in a roll whats it really gonna cost me? Those of you that have done it what did it set you back?
Axle housing completely sheared off at 72mph. Driver lost control, rolled 4 or 5 times and yardsaled it. Broke the fenders, front clip, crumpled the roof and 1 door. Driveshaft went flying, full floater axle dug into the ground pretty bad, broke a King coilover shock can. Trashed a tire & wheel. Also needed a complete new axle housing. Good news; Zero injuries, and the chassis survived without ANY damage. All in all, it is best avoided if possible.

ML Racer

Reaction
this years Mint 400 37 miles into lap 2 at 80mph http://youtu.be/V08SrjaVsTM

No injuries, just bells rung!
Left front spindal & lower A-arm were trashed
Top fiberglass wing trashed
After the final reverse lawn dart that stopped us, replaced back half of the exhaust
Replace right side mirror
After frame crack test, 2 small cracks.
Frame still straight
Pride trashed
Catching it on film from a helo, a lasting memory of the the experience!!

tcm glx

Reaction
View attachment 107105

Axle housing completely sheared off at 72mph. Driver lost control, rolled 4 or 5 times and yardsaled it. Broke the fenders, front clip, crumpled the roof and 1 door. Driveshaft went flying, full floater axle dug into the ground pretty bad, broke a King coilover shock can. Trashed a tire & wheel. Also needed a complete new axle housing. Good news; Zero injuries, and the chassis survived without ANY damage. All in all, it is best avoided if possible.
I saw this one happen!! Was good times for sure, helped get them off the course and hung out while their team showed

mexracer10

Reaction
That's the worst part of any roll or crash is that if could cost 0 money or it can completely destroy your car or truck to the point that it is better to start over instead of re-build.

idealer

Reaction
this years Mint 400 37 miles into lap 2 at 80mph http://youtu.be/V08SrjaVsTM

No injuries, just bells rung!
Left front spindal & lower A-arm were trashed
Top fiberglass wing trashed
After the final reverse lawn dart that stopped us, replaced back half of the exhaust
Replace right side mirror
After frame crack test, 2 small cracks.
Frame still straight
Pride trashed
Catching it on film from a helo, a lasting memory of the the experience!!
That one deserves an award!

trent06

Mush
Reaction
I wadded my V8 4 seater up pretty good a few years back. I needed a whole new chassis and new suspension components. Chassis never broke but was heavily tweaked. Transmission was damaged as well. Original builder did all the repairs. parts and labor was $40k
What did it cost when "Daisy of Love" wadded it?!?!?!? LOL Pretty sure there was 3 dents in the roof skin on the inside from them releasing their belts! hahahaha

randy s

Reaction
we had a tire go down on a hard left hand turn and rolled the ranger two and a half times. ruined every single piece of fiberglass and the cab as well. no structural damage but i think it was around ten grand just to replace the cab. all in all about twelve grand i think. off highway racing is spendy when you have that much "fun". no injuries but when we were rolling it, it was like a big shovel and i was digging dirt out of my ears for two months it seemed like. BTW, we ended up on our side and after we finally "righted" the thing, we straightened out the front lightbar best we could and continued on until we had the alternator go south and we ended up running out of power in the middle of what turned out to be the world's largest, deepest, widest, gnarliest silt bed. at least it sure seemed like it was to us at the time. it wasn't one of our better efforts...