What's another two hundred dollars.....

Zambo

Reaction
Anybody have a Stella bracket I can borrow? Geez......

Yes. I know. Racing is expensive. Thanks.

Happiest race on earth. Thinking happy thoughts now....and channeling my inner Pete.

scary fast hummer

Reaction
I had always been curious why a "Help/OK" board was not required like they are in European rally racing. Kinda the analog version of the Stella. I guess in the long run, two hundred extra bucks is neither here nor there and if it makes it that much safer, that is okay by me. I am wondering though, how much extra time will this make the scrutineering? If I understand it right, you order the kit online and the company installs it on the day? Seems like that could make a long day turn into forever...

TRAVISD

Reaction
I'm curious if we can get it sent to us to install ourselves. I don't have many places to put the unit that you can reach.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

LantanaTX

Reaction
I'm curious if we can get it sent to us to install ourselves. I don't have many places to put the unit that you can reach.

We have no place to put it either. At BITD they had us use the motor cycle version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rory

Crayola Killer
Reaction
Challenger IV had no place what so ever to mount the IRC unit. I had to mount it behind the seat which totally defeats the purpose in having one in the first place. I will tell you that when i broke down 3 miles from El Arco it was a nice tool to have as i was able to have IRC get a hold of my crew and tell them what was happening. PITA but a good tool to have, especially in an accident or emergency.

BajaboundMoto

Reaction
Being a bike guy, I love hearing car guys say they don't have room to mount a tracker (that's sarcasm BTW).

John, you need more than the bracket, you need all the wiring and the 2 antennas.

Hell, we have the unit and the event is still 56 days away. That's AWESOME!
At the recent Baja 1000 we didn't have squat until a few days before the event, some guys didn't get it 'till the day before, so I applaud NORRA for making it happen early for us!

The wires on the thing are long, made for cars, not bike specific, so we've got a mess of extra wiring, but we have it.

The cost... yeah a bummer. But for possibly the 1st time in Baja racing we possibly have a reliable tracking unit that will be useable for multiple events with multiple promoters.
When SCORE started up with trackers how many different unreliable ones did we have to rent?
Not planning to race the 500 or the 1000? Throw the unit up in the classifieds... "used 1 time, quitting forces sale".

If I understand it right, you order the kit online and the company installs it on the day?
I'm curious if we can get it sent to us to install ourselves. I don't have many places to put the unit that you can reach
No, and Yes, and Yes.
Order it now, NORRA mails it to you, you install it (mount plate, antennas, wiring).
When you are in scrutineering they will clip-in the actual computery device.

As for where to mount it in a car, I see lots of real estate in your profile pics to mount it.
At the last Baja 1000 I was in a car and it was mounted sorta on the dash. We never had to touch it so I don't see why it needs to be in reach (we were only in car at night so the "pass alert" feature was a non-issue). Hell, you could mount it easily out on the hood.
It's speedo numbers are big and easy to see. At the B1k I thought the lights were too bright so I took a tinted goggle lens and taped it over the lit readout.

If you know me you know I hate technology, I've raced Baja long enough that I like the old-school way of "doing your homework". But here I am defending the Stella. Odd...

TRAVISD

Reaction
I have room on the dash to mount the unit. However it won't be reachable once we are buckled in the seats. I can give my wife a stick to hit the buttons with.

LantanaTX

Reaction
Anyone know the difference between the Motor cycle set up and the car setup? Would one need less space?

Team Todo En

Reaction
Order it now, NORRA mails it to you, you install it (mount plate, antennas, wiring).
When you are in scrutineering they will clip-in the actual computery device.

If that's true, they need to be clearer on the NORRA site. It says "Mount will be attached by ANUBE at tech inspection. Nothing is shipped now."

scary fast hummer

Reaction
If that's true, they need to be clearer on the NORRA site. It says "Mount will be attached by ANUBE at tech inspection. Nothing is shipped now."

Yeah, that is how I read it too. (Makes me wonder though; will it be attached by a "a newb", or maybe the tech god Anubis? ;-) Seriously though, I don't mind paying the dosh, but I would really like to wire it up and bolt the mount down before leaving home. Because if they do it on the day, it could take forever.

Reaction

Anube Stella III Tracking Assembly Kit ORDERING NOW OPEN for a limited time!!!

STEPS TO ORDER:

1. score-international.com
  2. Race Info
  3. Registration (https://score.configio.com)
  4. 2017 SF250 Anube Stella Assembly Kit
    1. Select the product you wish to order. All four wheel/moto/quads will require the Stella Assembly Kit.
Four Wheel vehicles may wish to purchase the Stella Assembly Kit and Optional Bracket. The bracket provides for clearance required when the Stella 3 tracking device is installed in Tech. If you mount the install kit to close to a surface, the Stella 3 may not fit and you will have to relocate the assembly kit while you are in Tech.

Moto/Quad will not need the optional bracket. However, you may need to fabricate a bracket for the Stella 3 kit to be mounted to your bike bars.

IMPORTANT: This product will be shipped directly by Anube. By ordering this product, you hereby grant SCORE International permission to forward this order and all information to Anube Sport America for fulfillment of the order. The deadline to have your Anube Stella Assembly Kit ordered so it can be shipped directly to you is March 10, 2017 at 3:00pm PST. Any orders made from March 10, 2017 3:01pm PST through March 17, 2017 3:00pm PST will be available for pick up at the race at the Hotel El Cortez parking lot in San Felipe BCN from Wednesday, March 29th and Thursday, March 30th. Product must be paid in full for your order to be processed and forwarded to Anube. Kits will be available in San Felipe during race week to purchase directly from Anube-cash only.

If you are ordering the kit to race the Baja 500, Rosarito Desert Challenge, or the Baja 1000 and need to install now, ORDERS MUST BE COMPLETED BY MARCH 10, 2017 3:00pm PST otherwise teams not racing 2017 San Felipe 250 will have to wait until Anube opens the ordering window again in preparation for the next race.

Assembly kit you are purchasing must be installed prior to technical inspection. The Stella III Tracking Unit that will be installed by Stella Staff in Technical Inspection MUST be returned to them prior to departure of San Felipe. The Assembly kit are re-usable for SCORE International races and yours to keep for future races.

If you have any questions regarding shipment information or technical aspects, you can contact Anube via phone011 52 1 646 127 3488 or email harrygarciapastrana@gmail.com; Gabriel Garcia. Any RETURNS of this product will need to be REQUESTED & PROCESSED with Anube.

Anube Stella Assembly Kit: $175

Stella Optional Bracket: $55

Assembly Kit Directions

Does this help?

BajaboundMoto

Reaction
Anyone know the difference between the Motor cycle set up and the car setup? Would one need less space?
Other than a mount to fix it to a cage bar I don't think there's any difference. The size of the mount plate, antennas, and the unit itself is the same.

LantanaTX

Reaction
I ordered mine. I sure wish they would have allowed us to at least get the bracket sooner so we could figure out where to put it. I am pretty sure our car will be a big challenge. We can't mount on dash, I need to keep the area between the A pillars clear as that is the only way in and out of the car. Can't use roll bar between the A pillars because I need to able to exit the car with a helmet on. We really have two choices. On the cowl above the dash, but this requires a platform to be made to mount the bracket on or we could add a swing up visor like the Bell-Ray Bullet has and the unit could mount to the visor and swing up out of the way when entering and existing the car. Both of these options require fab work which we are only willing to do with a bracket. Good luck NORRA/Stella.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk