• Forum membership has its advantages....

Whats going on?

Jimmy8

The past 3 or 4 days, I can only get on the RDC sight once in a while. Sometimes I can get on at one point in the day, and other times later that day it wont let me. An hour ago I tried, but nothing, now it works. I have tried 3 different computers with 3 different connections, and the same results. Sometimes yes, and sometimes no. Does anyone else have this problem, or is it just me. My brother who doesnt post, but monitors the board has had the same problems. Just curious if I am alone or others have the same problems. Its not just the board, but the whole sight in general, and linking to it doesnt even work either half of the time.

gary

me too. i have it as my home page, and 1/2 the time it says site not found. then, if i type it in by hand, it comes up....maybe.

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
I am getting the same problem dont know why but its quite annoying I NEED MY RACE-DEZERT FIX

DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
It seems like server problems, but I am no expert. Probably same reason the classifieds took a I failed spelling. Or it's from all the people not filling out their profiles and causing it to crash...joking.

Kris

When in doubt, GAS IT!

Jimmy8

I had a thing pop up on the screen once that said something like a fire wall had been set or something. I dont know what the heck a firewall is, so I am just relaying what it said. John B., any answers?

singlehanded

It is definitely a problem with this site, had problems around 9:30pm and have have problems getting on in the past. Maybe there is too many people on the site and it cant handle it? I usually click on other sites to see if its my server but they pop up in the blink-182 of an eye. just threw that in they are on leno tonight.

local

Jimmy8

same here, everything else pops up qick, and thats what I figured. Maybe with this many members, and people on this sight constantly, we overload the server or something, but I really dont know much about computers so I am not really much help. I am sure it will be fixed quick.

John Bitting

Administrator
Its not too many people at all, so tell your friends about us. The truth is its Bin Laden. He is attacking americas heart.. The dez people. Just kidding. We are working on resolving the problem and things should be back to normal in the next few days..

BradM

Will there be a discount to the renewal rate?

No RDC, No more power for the blender! LOL

"The only source of knowledge is experience." - Albert Einstein

Jimmy8

I want this months subscription to RDC refunded for the inconvenience. Feel free to send a check or cash.

pjc

Chairman
This is a cache issue. I found that my ISP (one I started and worked for) was evaluating different cache engines. A number of them would hose this site and others. The only way to fix it was to delete (refresh) the cache at the cache engine server.

PJCinLV

John Bitting

Administrator
Damn a cache problem, I guess that makes a lot on sense considering Klaus and I are broke. :)

Jimmy no problem brother, Just go stand by your mailbox the checks in the mail. Got any news for me. PM me please..

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
I think a have that same cache problem as John B.

Kris

When in doubt, GAS IT!