• Forum membership has its advantages....

What's it worth?

jetranger

Hey guys, hoping you could help me out with this. A family member is wanting to sell me their 4 seat buggy. I have driven it a bit, but have no idea what these are worth. I do know he has a lot of time and money into it, but not sure how that carries over to value. I don't know a lot about the parts that are on it, but he usually isn't afraid to put quality into it.

I know there is a VW engine in the picture, but that is being removed and a Subaru WRX motor is going in. It has a top mount Outback intercooler and brand new headgasket. Weddle transmission and clutch.

Also, how hard would it be to convert the front to A arms?

Thank you!

Dezertpilot

Forget about an a-arm converion especially if you won't be doing the fabwork. Beam cars work well just leave it how it is and have fun with it. Maybe upgrade other parts.

trophygoat

It looks great if you ask me. I wouldn't convert to a-arms either, you already have massive front shock towers and Kings all around. That new engine will provide adequate power and the frame looks in good condition so I would start at a high value and let the market decide what its worth. Based off of what I saw when I went shopping for a buggy I would start yours at $10-15k and see what happens. Check local craigslist listings and the RDC classifieds to get an idea of what other people are selling theirs for.