What's my truck worth?

Ben_Ranger

Reaction
Hey guys what's going on!? I have been trying to sell my built Ford Ranger for about a month now to no avail. I'm curious what some of you have to say as far as helping me estimate the value of my truck. I have it listed on craigslist right now and it's obvious the price is too high. I tried to post this in the correct forum but sorry if I didn't do a good job.

It has a $3500 Solomotorsports front Mid-travel kit with remote reservoir Fox shocks on all 4 corners. It has 210K miles with 10K on the new transmission and it runs and drives well. I've had this thing in the shop getting a few things fixed such as the fuel pump most recently to make sure it runs well for a potential buyer. I have most of the receipts for work done. On the outside and inside the truck is in extremely good shape and everything works as it should except A/C and a dent on the passenger side blind spot area.

I understand that I am going to lose money no matter what so please refrain from telling me I'm dumb for having it built, I've heard that plenty already. I was a dumb 20 year old when I had this thing modified and now I'm slightly smarter 22 year old trying to sell it. I have enjoyed off-roading this truck for the last 2.5 years and consider any money loss to be the price I pay for the fun that I had.

IMG_20190804_160703.jpg

IMG_20210702_154646.jpg

IMG_20190412_153747.jpg

IMG_20210702_165137.jpg
IMG_20210702_165334.jpg

IMG_20190902_174957.jpg

jon coleman

Reaction
i had the same problem trying to sell a jetski in January, patients, from sept. onward is when desert season things start to move

cjohnson

Reaction
You may want to place more ads. There is an ad section here. Facebook marketplace is good. Offer up, autotrader, etc.

Tube ride

Reaction
What is your craigs list price that you think is a little high ? Shooting from hip I’d say 6500-8000 ?…dependent on where your selling it.

Curtis Guise

Administrator
Reaction
Website
www.offroadaction.com
Hey guys what's going on!? I have been trying to sell my built Ford Ranger for about a month now to no avail. I'm curious what some of you have to say as far as helping me estimate the value of my truck. I have it listed on craigslist right now and it's obvious the price is too high. I tried to post this in the correct forum but sorry if I didn't do a good job.

It has a $3500 Solomotorsports front Mid-travel kit with remote reservoir Fox shocks on all 4 corners. It has 210K miles with 10K on the new transmission and it runs and drives well. I've had this thing in the shop getting a few things fixed such as the fuel pump most recently to make sure it runs well for a potential buyer. I have most of the receipts for work done. On the outside and inside the truck is in extremely good shape and everything works as it should except A/C and a dent on the passenger side blind spot area.

I understand that I am going to lose money no matter what so please refrain from telling me I'm dumb for having it built, I've heard that plenty already. I was a dumb 20 year old when I had this thing modified and now I'm slightly smarter 22 year old trying to sell it. I have enjoyed off-roading this truck for the last 2.5 years and consider any money loss to be the price I pay for the fun that I had.

View attachment 228791
View attachment 228792
View attachment 228793
View attachment 228794View attachment 228795
View attachment 228796

Have you posted it in our classifieds yet? Off Road Classifieds

JEFFRPM

Non Sugar Coated
Reaction
I just spent $6000.00 2 months ago having the V6 engine replaced in my parts runner ranger with over 300k miles on it & the ONLY reason i did that is because A its a very clean truck & B any of you guys seen whats out in the real world as far as used to buy? It's an absolute joke everything is a beat up POS going for 30% over HIGH book & people are getting it!
It's like the house market anything worth a damn is gone in less than 2 hours. Don't get me started on buying new those are even harder to find its ether a stripped 4 popper manual trans & crank Windows in brown or a Shelby modded Raptor for $137,000.00 with nothing in between. My personal Tacoma has buisness cards stuck to the wipers on a daily basis wanting to know if I'll sell it most are from other states it's so bad out there.

Maybe it's time to sell everything I have & retire.........

jon coleman

Reaction
I just spent $6000.00 2 months ago having the V6 engine replaced in my parts runner ranger with over 300k miles on it & the ONLY reason i did that is because A its a very clean truck & B any of you guys seen whats out in the real world as far as used to buy? It's an absolute joke everything is a beat up POS going for 30% over HIGH book & people are getting it!
It's like the house market anything worth a damn is gone in less than 2 hours. Don't get me started on buying new those are even harder to find its ether a stripped 4 popper manual trans & crank Windows in brown or a Shelby modded Raptor for $137,000.00 with nothing in between. My personal Tacoma has buisness cards stuck to the wipers on a daily basis wanting to know if I'll sell it most are from other states it's so bad out there.

Maybe it's time to sell everything I have & retire.........
soooo, whats MY 2005 tacoma access cab 2.7 5 speed fully loaded, oh, ICE cold ac 125k miles , im getting 29 mpg( hint, its not for sale , BUT, it Can Be Bought)

Attachments

• 20201206_141906.jpg
    20201206_141906.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0

Tube ride

Reaction
That truck would list between between 25,000-30;000 in Hawaii right now . Tacoma’s are selling for crazy money over there, take a minute and search Craigslist .

Crusty Shellback

Reaction
Ben_Ranger,
I just went thru this last year. But this year, prices are crazy.
The limits on the truck that I see are this:
210K miles. What motor?
No AC
specialty front end.

So you've limited your audience with the specialty front end. Not everyone who's looking for a daily driver truck understands what you have done to it.

The other part is you paid someone money to build the front end. That's labor cost you will never recoup.

I had 13K into my K5 Blazer that I built, no outside labor cost. Build had 8K miles on it. I drove/built it over 5 years. Sold it for $10K.

But it took a while to sell as it was a specific group that would be looking for it, rock crawlers/dessert runners.

I posted on several different sites, including RDC. I had a build thread that documented all the work I did. The right buyer spent the time to read my build thread. He actually told me he knew he couldn't build what I did for what I was asking, so never haggled on the price. But it took months to sell the K5.

So post all the info you can about the truck. Put it on all the forums you are a member of as well as other places, facebook Market place, Craigslist, etc. Be reasonable on the price, but don't undersell it. You will get a bunch of lowballers, but just shrug them off. And watch out for the scammers. However, don't be surprised if someone from the east coast reaches out to you. They may be legit. I had one and a buddy of mine had one as well. Guy was about to jump on a plane and fly out before we even finished talking. Buddy actually sold his to the guy and shipped it out at buyers expense.

Good luck.

jon coleman

Reaction
That truck would list between between 25,000-30;000 in Hawaii right now . Tacoma’s are selling for crazy money over there, take a minute and search Craigslist .
SOLD!!,gonna most likely sell my 87' leave it bone stock, worth more, tried to find a good starting price, Holy Cow!!!!, early to mid eightys toyota trucks are stupid expensive, this im just looking to get my time& labor out of it minimum