• Forum membership has its advantages....

What's the one dang job nobody wants to do??? (Prep work)

Ridelikeadiesel

Tonight I was prepping CV's for two cars (I'm a buggy dork). It is the one thing no one wants to do but we all know has to get done. Our team doesn't have any fun way to assign stuff but I HAVE been getting more than my share of co-dawging AND I got to drive a badass 10 car in a sportsman race, which makes greasy hands well worth it. So, with greasy hands and too much time to ponder, I was wondering "what's the worst dang thing to get stuck doing on a shop night?" Also, what are some fun ways to assign it? Please keep it clean, I was a Navy man, we all know all of the smart-ass answers and probably a few extras.

wheezy

"PRO PHOTO"
Seriously id take cv duty for life if I never had to scotchbrite again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B. Everett

Dang. Might be a good poll thread! Cvs suck but it's quick. My vote is scotch brite the chassis as the worst. Cleaning the dried urine in the seats is pretty low on my to do list!!

harleys dad

Seriously id take cv duty for life if I never had to scotchbrite again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Crylon clear gloss takes that chitty job away leaving the frame looking great with no rust. The 4130 in both my class 11 and 51600 have stayed nice leaving the bare metal look. Crazy to scotch brite any car in my opinion. cvs and next is doing torsion bars. In reality its all easy and most make a lot of it. I have cv packers that make the job super simple

Zac Reish

If you hang out with a bunch of awesome dudes picking up dog poop is fun. Its all about who your team mates are. If you have none, then scraping the mud off sucks.

Fourstroker

CV's......I need to learn some tricks of the trade.
Install your CV's/axles dry. Then grease from the inside out with a grease needle. Guaranteed that your CV and cup is packed full.

green787

Re-sealing the steering knuckles on the green787.....

Steering Knuckle Diagram.jpg

Bro-Dozer Motorsports

Prepping the rear diff is pretty low on my list of favorite things, especially when you get to clean all the metal shavings out of the housing after shredding a gear set.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

tdc-motorsports

I disagree with the scotchbright crowd... that's a special time with you and your race car, that's how they know you love them, I find it therapeutic... In addition a great time to inspect for cracks, etc... and you gotta love how they look when you're done.

RojoOjoRacin

Mine is climbing thru the tubing into the cab like a game of twister & realizing you forgot the tool you needed to grab & having to do it again. Solo prep problems haha