• Forum membership has its advantages....

Whats the point of 2 big races on 1 weekend

This scheduling really sucks? why dont all the big race promoters (Casey, Sal, Whiplash, MDR, ETC) get together and try to plan these races so they aren't all on top of each other. I love BITD but last weekends race in Vegas was way to close to the Baja 1000 for all the big teams trying to do both.... If it were me and i was racing a buggy i would go to parker, but if i was racing a truck i don't think i would waste my time doing any Score races except Baja 500 and Baja 1000 and just run BITD since thats where the money is....... thats just my case in a nut shell. But on the other hand you you might see me at Laughlin in a truck......
I heard a rumor that there might be some Protruck Drivers going Trophy Truck next year with their Protrucks.......

Jimmy8

Protrucks have to be at Laughlin, because that is where the series runs, which I am sure you are already aware of, but you can run your protruck in class 8 at Parker instead of going to Laughlin. Jason Cobb did it last year, and got 1st. There should be at least 20 class 8's or more at Parker, so the money will be good. We talked to Ivan about getting the Protrucks at the Parker 400 this year, but it is to much money to put up, and we couldnt compete with Laughlins bankroll to get them here.

"We've done so much with so little for so long, we can do anything with nothing!"

RacerX

just curios, but how can you enter a protruck in class 8, It has no frame rails in it, it is an all tube chassis. Does whiplash have different rules

Jimmy8

Whiplash class 8 rules are a bit different. It should be called Heavy Metal, because there really are not any rules. Run what you Brung.

"We've done so much with so little for so long, we can do anything with nothing!"

MikeLeung

I'm not for sure...but i think Whiplash's class description of class 8 is "if it looks like truck and sound like a truck....then is a truck" Thats why the run the 7's 3's with the 8 trucks. But a lot of it depends on the teams...Jay usually allows the drivers to determine the class structure.