whats the problem?

singlehanded

Reaction
Ok got my c4 in my ranger all hooked up except adjusting the shifter cable and it wont start. I have figured out that the starter gear is about half an inch to short to turn the flexplate. Do I need a new starter or a flex[plate or ? The guy I bought it from said it would bolt right up and he had it bolted to a 4 litre ranger extra cab. ANY IDEA'S---- I think I gonna call the guy I bought it from since he is not returned my last 2 e-mails.

midnight landscaper working overtime and I'm full throttle I'm full throttle tonight

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
SOunds like you got the shaft from that guy. Check your PM.

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.barneysprecision.com/fabproducts.htm> Fab Parts</A>

singlehanded

Reaction
Talk to the guy tonight and he was very helpful. He had it in an 90 auto,and mine is a94 stick. He said that maybe the starters are different lengths auto and stick anyone know offhand.
thanks

midnight landscaper working overtime and I'm full throttle I'm full throttle tonight

singlehanded

Reaction
got the auto starter this morning and going to install this afternoon or friday. then I will letyou guys know if it is running.
by the way the auto looks a bout a 1/2 longer so it should work.

BIG_FAT_LOSER

Reaction
I had the same problem with my mothers older T-Bird. Went to Auto Zone to get a starter and the gave me one for a manual, needed an auto. They changed it and all was well.

If your gunna go.........go Ghetto...

singlehanded

Reaction
Its a running, only a few things left to do before I am driving it. Anyone got any pictures of how to hook up the shifter linkage to the trans the part that holds the outerpeice so only the inner cable works on a c4 or similar?Or some good advise havent done this before.

hoeker

Reaction
usually the bracket that comes with the shifter just bolts to 2 of the pan bolts. make sure you get that linkage adjusted right!

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.rosshoek.com>www.rosshoek.com</A>

Some are born great, some achieve greatness,
and some have greatness thrust upon them.