What's your oppinion

LIL TUCKA

Reaction
I have a 2-1600 car i race in the mdr series. i would like to go race in the single buggy class in the lucas oil series. it has the best of the best and ofcourse ill take out the other seat. and put a 9 gallon fuel cell. and change the restrictor plate does anyone know what restrictor plate is mandatory?? do you think it will be competitive?
does anyone know of some good shortcourse wheels and tires that would like to be sold?? thanks

.Quentin Tucker.

VERN391

Reaction
Weight, Gear ratios and ride height are the three big things you will be fighting.
If you look at some of the pictures from Round 1 there a few doing what you are talking about. That being said the purpose built cars will be tough to beat even if the drivers are equal.

LIL TUCKA

Reaction
what exactly do u mean by ratio cause what will be hard bout finding the right ratio??

VERN391

Reaction
Gearing a car for a Short Course is different, all the courses are a mile or less in length, you probably will have to change the Ring/pinion and maybe more. JMHO.
Talk to Weddle, Rancho they can get you in the ballpark.

movindirt

Wham Spore
Reaction
So one transmission for dezert and one for short course. Sounds doable..

wildtoyota

Reaction
I have a 2-1600 car i race in the mdr series. i would like to go race in the single buggy class in the lucas oil series. it has the best of the best and ofcourse ill take out the other seat. and put a 9 gallon fuel cell. and change the restrictor plate does anyone know what restrictor plate is mandatory?? do you think it will be competitive?
does anyone know of some good shortcourse wheels and tires that would like to be sold?? thanks

.Quentin Tucker.
9 gallons is a bit much for short course. But if you have the cell already... Use it. If not buy smaller, save the weight.

LJ Kennedy

Reaction
Be sure and look over the rule book really good ,there are alot rules that are different than SCORE as far as the safety inspection.Such things as window screen, roll bar padding ,flame out system,kill switch, possible fuel shut-off if you have a electric fuel pump and they might give you trouble about tubing size and gussets. But they might let you run your car for one race.I think you will do OK with your car just make sure you have the right tire size.Just might want to check this out before you go through all the trouble.