whats your story?

peezy

Reaction
What was your worst crash/injury from riding a dirt bike/quad? What did you do to make it not happen again?

Here is mine!!!

I was riding at barona mx track, and I was coming in a to a berm and my front wheel washed out on top of the turn. I ended up braking my radius and chipped the ulna.

I fixed it by practicing my turns better

What is your story?

CORAL'S BELLMAN

Reaction
I had an accident were I broke my colar bone, dislocated my left wrist, riped my ligaments on the back of the right knee, total mess, I ride more now to mature at it and that has helped me to be a better rider.

carinci

Reaction
Slowed down for a log crossing a dirt road I was on. Popped the front wheel over then the rear and gunned it. Next thing I know I was flat on my back.
The log was blocking the road because there was a barbed wire fence crossing it. I realized what had happened. Touched my neck and had a handful of blood. Found the nearest paved road and hauled home with my clothes flapping in the wind like supermans cape. Luckily it just shredded my chin. Twelve stitches to the chin. Hamburger on my arms and chest. The one day I decided not to wear my chest protector. Helmet and goggles were jacked up. Probably would have been dead without them...

Now I slow way down when I see fence post's on both sides of the road.

kenaroo

Reaction
d-38

racing along the freeway passing cars.. first two laps took an outside line in the silt

3rd lap took inside line and hit a big hole.. flew about 50ft and hit the ground.. didn't think it was too bad.. then the bike landed on me.. rupturing my stomach breaking my arm and knocking me out.. woke up with someone standing over me talking in slow motion while the world went " wom, wom wom, wom" spinning.. got a nice little ride to El Centro medical center. threw up for the next 12 hours, had my stomach pumped of the blood, cast on arm..

what i changed was not to race District 38 again.. raced MRAN 3 weeks later and overall the 125 class 8 OA first Amateur.. decided I'm a better technical desert racer than WFO racer..

JEFFRPM

Non Sugar Coated
Reaction
After racing desert bikes for 30 years I have done the usual collarbones,fingers,arms hand,wrist u get the picture. My worst crash was on a 1997 BMW GS1200RS crusing along and some WORTHLESS POS DEER decides that he wants to end his life jumps out in front of me I eat It big time Yard sale the bike through a 3 strand state highway Barbed wire fence and land around 160' from the impact. 1 busted collarbone,3 ribs,right wrist, and somewhere around 300 stiches and a few staples [i kinda slid along the barbwire for a while] Now I don't ride ANYTHING around dusk and I go deer KILLING every fall and make jerky and salami out of the entire animal just like his dad did to me.

motoman29

Reaction
65mph superman to shoulder.

exploded clavicle.

surgery=plate and 10 screws

broke plate in half at work 6 weeks later

have not ridden in 4.5 months

should be ready to ride in 4 weeks

KxKid

Reaction
The re-breaking of the same arm that got broke in a street crash on the same dirt bike. First time 2 plates and 13 screws and 1.5 years till the doc said ok to go back to full duty. Second time take old out and put new in, 2 plates 14 screws and who knows how long till its healed. So far I am on almost 2 months.

vetracer

Reaction
NO CRASH!

NO PAIN!

NO FIX!

NO DO-OVER!

I should practice what I preach.........:(