Wheeeeewww!! Thats A Relief...

jon coleman

yup, im in market soon for a yoda, had an 85 sr5 efi 22r speedo broke at270k, drove another ten years( rebuilt the head, )then last few years it was a wannabe pre runner , Beat the crap out of it, transmission was howling, but Never replaced a balljoint, or rear diff.musta had 400k when sold.then later i bought a ford ranger, bad luckmobile, sold asap to get a 91 sr5, 240k later sold it.needed body work but ran perfect.cant wait to get another one, preferably a long bed extra cab towed behind retired couples rv....good luck..

CRAIG_HALL

I was surprised when they did the site redesign because it was way too late to try to revive it. Between all us DR daily posters it literally consisted of hundreds of thousands of posts. The good news if now we can run for political office and they can't dig up any dirt from DR. I did not have sexual relations with those women....
There is the internet time machine... google waybacktimemachine. Then enter a website or page.

1558306773913.png

blue dog

The first gen Tacoma, first gen Tundra and 3rd gen 4 runners are all reliable platforms.
If I could find a 2005-6 tundra access can 4x4 that was clean, I would jump on it.
Tacoma and 4runner have a excellent engine, the 5bz engine is a high winding motor that will stand the test of time with basic maintenance. Only drawback is the timing belt and water pump need to be replaced every 90,000 miles. New Toyotas are just like every other vehicle, one big computer. Not a fan of the new 3.5 in the new Tacoma, but the 4.0 in the 4runner is a good engine, this is the last year if the 4.0 in the 4runner though.

JDDurfey

My first gen Tacoma has been the best most reliable vehicle I have ever owned.
16 years old, 275,000 miles, not one mechanical failure ever. It's hard on ball joints and does not get great milage, but she is tried and true.

Wouldn't a worn out ball joint be considered a "mechanical failure"? If it isn't, then I have a 95 Dodge 2500 that has never had a "mechanical failure" At least it has never left me on the side of the road and made several trips up and down Baja and across the US.

jon coleman

thats a word play pep boys tried on my ' life time' brake pads warranty, they got tired of me comming in for new pads every few months, but they 'failed', they wernt 'worn'..??

Offspring

The first gen Tacoma, first gen Tundra and 3rd gen 4 runners are all reliable platforms.
If I could find a 2005-6 tundra access can 4x4 that was clean, I would jump on it.
Tacoma and 4runner have a excellent engine, the 5bz engine is a high winding motor that will stand the test of time with basic maintenance. Only drawback is the timing belt and water pump need to be replaced every 90,000 miles. New Toyotas are just like every other vehicle, one big computer. Not a fan of the new 3.5 in the new Tacoma, but the 4.0 in the 4runner is a good engine, this is the last year if the 4.0 in the 4runner though.
last summer I bought an '18 4runner and one big reason was the platform hasn't really changed in the last 10 years. The '20 was debut in the Detroit show a couple of months ago, it still has the 4.0 but is starting the tech creep with the safety sense bs. The big question is when will it get a major overhaul, what motor will be in it and will it be BOF?

michael_loomis

Trying to find 15’s for clients is really maddening. They do as much as the 16’s wholesale.

On a side note... who wants to earn the right to fab bumpers for “2 CHAINZ” ???

IMG_6403.jpg
IMG_5773.jpg

JDDurfey

thats a word play pep boys tried on my ' life time' brake pads warranty, they got tired of me comming in for new pads every few months, but they 'failed', they wernt 'worn'..??
"Back in the day" I used a 92 Dodge 4x4 Cummins powered truck to pull my landscaping trailer every day around Phoenix. I would go through front brake pads every 3 months. And yes, I did have functioning trailer brakes. The calipers would stop "floating" and one pad would get taken out. It was a common problem with those trucks. Checker Auto Parts had a "lifetime pad" that I bought. After about 3 trips into the same store with the same issue they told me "No More" I just started going to a different store after that.

I got really good at changing brake pads and rotors on that truck. The Warn lockouts had to be disassembled, the wheel bearings removed, and the wheel studs driven out and back in to replace the rotor. My neighbors just loved me doing that in the driveway at 10 pm.

Josh 8

I had that same truck. But it was a late 91 with the inner cooler like yours. 160 hp. Blow my mind how it could pull back then.

JDDurfey

I had that same truck. But it was a late 91 with the inner cooler like yours. 160 hp. Blow my mind how it could pull back then.
That was my first diesel powered truck. I bought it in '99. I loved it and just sold it this February. The wife convinced me that it was time to let it go since it had not seen the road since '04. I was keeping it for a future project, but just don't have the time. I cried a little as it left on the trailer. I regret selling it now, because about a week ago I found an early 80's Dodge 3/4 ton 4x4 frame, crew cab, and long bed that would have been the perfect donor truck to make a crew cab 1st gen Dodge diesel out of.

The biggest issue with it was the auto trans. It rode like a tank, but I put Kelderman air ride all the way around and that helped. The 710 freeway was not real fun in it, but that just made life interesting. It wasn't real fast, but I could pull a load up El Cajon or east out of Palm Springs at 65 mph all the way up the hill without an issue. I installed a trans temp gauge, and a switch so I could force it into overdrive because the computer had a mind of its own when controlling overdrive. I also built pretty cool pipe bumpers for the front and rear. They turned out pretty good considering I used a Stihl gas powered chop saw to cut the metal and an old Lincoln SA 200 to weld it up on a concrete driveway.

BANNEDFROMBAJA

2317 Cherimoya Drive Suite A Vista, CA 92084
Gas Milage sucks but its A great lil truck.

IMG_3127.jpg

jon coleman

i know a guy who parked his toy.pre runner trd like that, except his tire was on a blue handicapp line, yup, got a ticket $....