• Forum membership has its advantages....

Wheeeeewww!! Thats A Relief...

JDDurfey

And we all got suckered into paying high gas prices for decades.

Thanks Chevron, Exxon, Shell.
The inflated price y'all pay in California is 100% due to your government regulations and taxes. There is oil being pumped out of the ground and refined in California. But the State of California thinks that if they impose a bunch of BS regulations on the oil companies and refineries that cost them money it will be better for the environment. And then to top it off they tax the user of that gas and diesel an astronomical amount of money to "repair roads" that never get fixed.

"Back in the day" diesel was much cheaper than gas to refine. And diesel fuel was pretty much the same from one station to another. However, with the regulations requiring Ultra Low Sulfur diesel it is now more expensive than gas to refine. The equipment that the refineries had to upgrade to produce the cleaner diesel was expensive and it is now a longer process. One thing to note about the Ultra Low Sulfur diesel is that if a refinery is able to produce 2 PPM Sulfur diesel they can then sell the 13 PPM as "credits" to a refinery that cannot meet the required 15 PPM. The refinery my son-in-law was an engineer at made almost as much money selling their Sulfur credits as they did refining diesel. He told me that a refinery in California bought most of their credits. I don't know if there is a limit to how many credits a refinery can purchase. So y'all in California are polluting the air with your diesel pickups more than we do here in Texas and your government is allowing it and profiting off it in the way of taxes.

I am still waiting for someone in the government to introduce a tax that will make the coronavirus disappear just like they say taxing will make Global Climate Warming Change disappear!

michael.gonzalez

I’m talking about nationwide but thanks for your rant. And one purpose of a tax is to curb the use of harmful products, like the tobacco tax which provides tax revenue. Enacting a tax tied to the sale of products known to be harmful is nothing new. So “y’all” can calm down and enjoy gasoline and diesel while you can.

Last edited:

michael_loomis

I’m talking about nationwide but thanks for your rant. And one purpose of a tax is to curb the use of harmful products, like the tobacco tax which provides tax revenue. Enacting a tax tied to the sale of products known to be harmful is nothing new. So “y’all” can calm down and enjoy gasoline and diesel while you can.
Bruh... take your derogatory bs elsewhere.

michael_loomis

my smart phone is kaaapoot
I was hoping in the shower and my Tapatalk notifications started blowing up.

I was like... yaaaa... WTAR is poppin off during quarantine and chill.. but.. nah. Lol

michael_loomis

michael.gonzalez

I’m on government contract work for NASA and DOD (deemed “essential”) so I will still be working in the coming months, albeit half of it from home.

Schedules are pushed back, not sure how that is going to affect launch dates but that is above my pay grade anyhow.