Wheeeeewww!! Thats A Relief...

jon coleman

he's thinking of polishing something allright, ' honey,?,all that Chrome i was told wont get us home,,,wtf are you doing over there???

bajafox

Accepted
Worst news ever and I'm pissed at myself for not reaching out to him lately. I've been so busy with the baby and work I had been meaning to reach out to see how he was doing.

I went through some really dark times several years ago and he put me in my place and helped me get through it. Basically told me to quit being a pu**y. I'll miss him greatly

Mike @ pit b

#Mike@PlanB
Hate to be that guy, but what was the cause?

I never met him but read some posts on here from him. Seemed like a good, solid dude.

blue dog

Worst Friday ever report.
7 am leave Modesto to transport a Kabota 90 series skid steer to Palmdale for repairs. Arrive at 12:30. Go to swap trailers and the 7pin connection will not come apart separating the trailer from the flat bed. An hour later removed and determine it melted together. No short, no arcing, scratches head.
I notice the exhaust is pointed up under the flat bed, funny ,stupid. Cut the hangers, flip the pipe 180, re weld. Only have a crappy home Depot special 110 Lincoln welder with flux core wire, it will get the job done I think.
Welder is a pile of poop, roller won't feed wire consistent, fight, fight, fight, finally get it done. New 7 pin connector on the flat bed after a 20 mile round trip.
6 pm , leave Palmdale. 8 pm stop for fuel in Bakersfield at the bottom of the grapevine on the Bakersfield side. Start pumping fuel, all over the ground, WTF. Tighten hose clamps that are impossible to get too. Pump fuel again, fuel pouring out again . At this point I have enough fuel for 100 miles, head north. Find a flying J and stop to diagnose.
10pm. Finally realize the intake where the fuel hose goes into the tank has melted from the exhaust issue. Try to shove the fuel nozzle directly in the tank, too big around and right behind the frame of the truck. No go
Hot, dirty, covered in diesel, scratches head.
Can't find a transmission funnel anywhere, buy a siphon hose at the truck stop and a small funnel, remove hoses, shove siphon hose into take, attach funnel to hose, vice grips the funnel to the gooseneck so it is up high, use fuel from transfer tank and a 5 gallon stupid California fuel can and slowly put 13 gallons in the truck. Success at midnight. Back to Turlock at 2 am.
The boss said park it and we will deal with it tomorrow. No way I was going to leave a truck with tools and equipment in the central valley, there tweekers would have been all over that thing as soon as I left.
Hope your day was better then mine
I started too loose my poop a few times, but tried to stay calm and do what I had to do to get the truck back to home base.
Too old for 19 hour days, covered in diesel, laying in dirt at night at some sketchy ass truck stop in the middle of nowhere .

This morning, steak and eggs, and plop down on the couch with my old dog and watch some completely stupid movie and worry about absolutely nothing.

MAGA2020 mother fuckers.

KIMG1156.JPG
1595695797758870084675.jpg

jon coleman

only thing missing on this oddysey is a beer swilling capt. obvious co pilot who is Not mechanically inclined, sounds fun, my friday was opposite, two wet tapps, done by 9:30, the city actually showed a little Hustle!,( probably there only ticket fri, 2 will get Them 8!!

Attachments

blue dog

A man of my stature and education should have no reason in hell to ever come looking like this.

I was all by my lonesome, thank God, was in no mood for a captain obvious that doesn't know a pipe wrench from a screwdriver. That just might have pushed me over the edge to a complete loosing of my poop.

Where did I go wrong ?
KIMG1155.JPG

blue dog

It got so hot under the flat bed, the electrical connections to the lights melted.

I will tell you that the grapevine coming out of Bakersfield heading south is no joke. Long and steep for a truck trailer and load that tips the scale at over 25,000 lbs. Air coming out of that exhaust has to be 900 under load.
6% grade for 5.5 miles. Overall grade is 11 miles. 90 degrees out. Lots of heat coming out of that Cummins. No egt Gage in the truck, wonder if the turbo was glowing orange.
KIMG1157.JPG

Mike @ pit b

#Mike@PlanB
It got so hot under the flat bed, the electrical connections to the lights melted.

I will tell you that the grapevine coming out of Bakersfield heading south is no joke. Long and steep for a truck trailer and load that tips the scale at over 25,000 lbs. Air coming out of that exhaust has to be 900 under load.
6% grade for 5.5 miles. Overall grade is 11 miles. 90 degrees out. Lots of heat coming out of that Cummins. No egt Gage in the truck, wonder if the turbo was glowing orange.View attachment 216737
Grapevine aint no joke. Good thing you're an offroader and had the discipline to deal with all that poop. The only thing missing from that story was that it happened in California and not Baja. Also, no 3am taco stand surrounded by locals.