Wheeeeewww!! Thats A Relief...

JDDurfey

We just dealt with the exhaust on one of our Ford F-350 flat beds melting the wiring and lights. Stupid bed installer didn't see that was going to be an issue.

I would almost suggest you go from Bakersfield up over Tehachapi and down the 14 to Palmdale, but that isn't any easier of a climb, in fact it might be worse. I've been that route many times, but never pulling a loaded trailer.

jon coleman

grapevine is the steepest , longest,mo -fo, flat towing my rx7, with a toyota 22re, 3 rd gear foot to the floorboard, heater full blast, noooo problem,

JDDurfey

IMG_5698.jpg

Sometimes it pays to pay attention. I ran to Lowe's yesterday for a few items for my shop. Scotch Brite pads were requested. My first stop was the paint isle where I found the pads on the left. A 2 pack for $3.89. I thought that was a little pricey, but I grabbed two packs anyway. I skipped over a couple of isles to grab a couple of squeegees. There I found more the pads, pictured on the right. A 3 pack for $2.99. I studied both items for several minutes and could find zero difference other than a slight color shade difference. The texture, size, and thickness are the same. Now, it might be that the ones on the left last slightly longer, but for my purpose it won't make a difference.

So a little "paying attention" saved my employer a couple of bucks. In the grand scheme of things, it isn't a big deal, but I hate wasting money even when it isn't mine.

Big Hock

Bababooey!!!
View attachment 216919

Sometimes it pays to pay attention. I ran to Lowe's yesterday for a few items for my shop. Scotch Brite pads were requested. My first stop was the paint isle where I found the pads on the left. A 2 pack for $3.89. I thought that was a little pricey, but I grabbed two packs anyway. I skipped over a couple of isles to grab a couple of squeegees. There I found more the pads, pictured on the right. A 3 pack for $2.99. I studied both items for several minutes and could find zero difference other than a slight color shade difference. The texture, size, and thickness are the same. Now, it might be that the ones on the left last slightly longer, but for my purpose it won't make a difference.

So a little "paying attention" saved my employer a couple of bucks. In the grand scheme of things, it isn't a big deal, but I hate wasting money even when it isn't mine.
When it comes to the employer, always pay that extra bit. Spend their money. Especially when they have a heavy flow. That poop will come back to you.

klaus

Administrator
Internet Gold:

bajafox

Accepted
If anyone is looking for a show to watch and has Amazon Prime I highly recommend checking out The Last Narc. The DEA agent killed in the documentary grew up about a block away from my family in Calexico. There's a Jr High in Calexico named after him

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
Is this the documentary on Kiki Camarena correct? It's on my list to watch.

dan200

#BSF200
Do any of you ding dongs read? I don't because reading is like math and math is for rich people.

I listen to lots of audio books though w/an app called "Libby" (it's like Amazon Audible but completely free. You get to borrow audio books from your local library. Only requirement is you have to actually have a library card and renew it every year which requires that you actually walk into a library.)

Anyone got any recommendations of authors for me? I dig legal/courtroom thrillers and detective stuff like John Grisham but am down for anything that's suspenseful. Any good biographies out there of maybe some historical folks? I need some new stuff to listen to. Pod cast ideas also welcome.