Wheeeeewww!! Thats A Relief...

bajafox

Accepted
Reaction
Do any of you ding dongs read? I don't because reading is like math and math is for rich people.

I listen to lots of audio books though w/an app called "Libby" (it's like Amazon Audible but completely free. You get to borrow audio books from your local library. Only requirement is you have to actually have a library card and renew it every year which requires that you actually walk into a library.)

Anyone got any recommendations of authors for me? I dig legal/courtroom thrillers and detective stuff like John Grisham but am down for anything that's suspenseful. Any good biographies out there of maybe some historical folks? I need some new stuff to listen to. Pod cast ideas also welcome.
I bought this book (first book I bought in maybe 20 years) with the full intention of reading it while my kid was in NICU but I never got around to it and finished the show on HBO before I got to read it. Worth checking out

1596478542364.png

Offspring

Reaction
Do any of you ding dongs read? I don't because reading is like math and math is for rich people.

I listen to lots of audio books though w/an app called "Libby" (it's like Amazon Audible but completely free. You get to borrow audio books from your local library. Only requirement is you have to actually have a library card and renew it every year which requires that you actually walk into a library.)

Anyone got any recommendations of authors for me? I dig legal/courtroom thrillers and detective stuff like John Grisham but am down for anything that's suspenseful. Any good biographies out there of maybe some historical folks? I need some new stuff to listen to. Pod cast ideas also welcome.
Joh Krakauer - into thin air crazy business of "climbing" the worlds tallest peaks, and a disaster of one climbing season. spoiler: it's the sherpas and $ that gets you up there, into the wild Where a movie actually gets real close to a great book, where men win glory this book will piss you off a lot like red platoon by Clinton Romesha will. Spoiler: the politicians are the root of the anger.

Vince Flynn - Mitch Rapp series There is an order to read listen them in that you can find on The Order Of Books, but most of that bouncing around occurred in the first few books as they developed. He died but the last few books were written by Kyle Mills and they are just as good imo.

Following for other good tips.

BANNEDFROMBAJA

2317 Cherimoya Drive Suite A Vista, CA 92084
Reaction
Books are cool..
I liked Dan Brown: Origin.
Right now im finishing up His other book Lost Symbol

randy68

#1 Enemy of Google
Reaction
McMurtry's(sp?) Lonesome Dove series...

randy68

#1 Enemy of Google
Reaction
Thanks. I just pushed through a bunch of Lee Child (Jack reacher) books
There's another one that's WELL worth it, "Empire Of The Summer Moon." About the Comanches. REALLY interesting.

J_Edgar

Reaction

Books
Lee Child- Jack Reacher better than the movies.
Stuart Woods - All of his seem to be pretty good.
Podcast-
Dale Jr Download- Interviewed Robby G. Last week.
Chad Prather

Mike @ pit b

#Mike@PlanB
Reaction

JL Bourne does some good post apocalyptic stories. Day By Day Armageddon series for a zombie apocalypse. Tomorrow War series for financial apocalypse (which felt kinda familiar this year). Trilobyte for a robot apocalypse.
Ernest Cline for 1980's and gamer pop culture. Ready Player One, the book was way better than the movie, and Armada.

JRod

fast-aid.org
Reaction
Speaking of reading, I just got this email that discusses race coverage and “meaningful curated discussions about topics relevant to off-road racing”

So how does this coincide with, parallel or compete with RDC?

I haven’t been nearly as active as of late due to family and job stuff but have still been quietly monitoring as I am able to stay connected.

As we come up on the 10th anniversary of the CA200 and will be out there for a memorial, I’ll be forever grateful for the difference a bunch of WTARDs made in helping birth the org that has helped dozens and dozens of families in their darkest hour over the last 11 years.

If you’re not going to V2R, I hope to see you at SlashX on Aug 15...
IMG_2065.PNG

Mike @ pit b

#Mike@PlanB
Reaction
Wait. Is that OffRoad racer thing owned by the Martellis?

bajafox

Accepted
Reaction
Checked it out briefly, did not see a forum, at least not directly on their website. I'd guess 90+% of RDC visitors are here for the forum(s) and not so much the articles.

Offroad websites have come and gone, I was an avid visitor and contributor to desertracing.com back in the early/mid 2000's

JDDurfey

Reaction
I thought Mad Media owned a piece of RDC? Or were they just big time sponsors a few years ago when we were bombarded with Mint 400 articles and promotions for months leading up to it. I wondered where all those ads and driver spotlights went the last two years.

JDDurfey

Reaction
This may be a crazy question...but can anyone recommend a good book on how to deal with "interpersonal conflicts in the work place from a managers perspective"

Because of the oil crash, I was demoted and now manage a shop of mechanics that do not get along. I have never had guys I managed not get along. Everywhere I have worked or managed I've never dealt with this kind of petty BS I deal with here.

I hope to move up in the company someday down the road, but if I can't fix the issues here in this shop why would anyone give me more to manage in the future?

klaus

Administrator
Reaction
Speaking of reading, I just got this email that discusses race coverage and “meaningful curated discussions about topics relevant to off-road racing”

So how does this coincide with, parallel or compete with RDC?

I haven’t been nearly as active as of late due to family and job stuff but have still been quietly monitoring as I am able to stay connected.

As we come up on the 10th anniversary of the CA200 and will be out there for a memorial, I’ll be forever grateful for the difference a bunch of WTARDs made in helping birth the org that has helped dozens and dozens of families in their darkest hour over the last 11 years.

If you’re not going to V2R, I hope to see you at SlashX on Aug 15...
View attachment 217072
RDC is Martelli Free since January 1st MMXX

jon coleman

Reaction
managing a shop full of hate, , after 2 wes-pacs, good lpo, shop manager has it or doesn't, get some books, but if you got it, your gut feeling will be a better guide.sooo gladd i never made e 4( not until reserves), being in charge looks unfun