Wheeeeewww!! Thats A Relief...

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
A lot more seats for the visiting team's fans to occupy.

Now that the stadium is built, how long will it be before Spanos sells the team.

bajafox

Accepted
Spanos won't sell the team

Mike, how does it work once a job is done, does your union have another one lined up or do you take a break between jobs? Super cool you got to work on that one

Mike @ pit b

#Mike@PlanB
Spanos won't sell the team

Mike, how does it work once a job is done, does your union have another one lined up or do you take a break between jobs? Super cool you got to work on that one
Only been there about 3 months. It's quickly coming to an end. In fact, because of the Chargers having a scrimmage today, all work was shutdown for just today so they can do it, so I got today off. The company I work for is an out of state contractor, so once they are completely done, so are the workers, except for the "company guys" that travel from state to state. My general foreman lives in Montana and flies home every weekend. I already have my next job lined up. As for the union having work lined up, it doesn't work like that. Once an individual gets laid off, if they don't have a job lined up, they call the hall and go on the out of work list. Since our union has a shitload of members (3000) that list can be long as f***. But right now, it's not.

This stadium is one I wanted to work on since it was announced a few years ago. Just to be part of something that massive, the events that will be happening in the future like the 2022 Superbowl and the 2028 Olympics, it's kinda cool. And seeing some poop that I wont see again like the Oculus being built. That's the huge tv screen that is an oval and has screen on the inside and outside of it and continuous. It weighs 2.2 million pounds and seeing it com together on the ground and then being raised to it's current position was pretty cool.

Mike @ pit b

#Mike@PlanB
That's cool dude, glad you got another job lined up.
The stadium cost 2.5 billion. The whole complex will cost $5 billion when done. There's another 28 buildings going up on that property. Check it out on Google Earth. There will be work there for a while including a hotel. When every thing is done, it'll be pretty cool. The prices of house in Inglewood, Hawthorne, adjacent neighborhoods has sky rocketed in the last 2-3 years. Plus, the Clippers are having their own stadium being built just down the road from this stadium. There will be work in that area for a few years.

OFFRD-JNKIE

You could have worked today since they canceled the scrimmage.

blue dog

Mike. What is your trade if you don't mind me asking.

Mike @ pit b

#Mike@PlanB
Mike. What is your trade if you don't mind me asking.
Sheet metal. I'll do a pic dump here one day. Everyone working there has signed an NDA to not post pictures of the stadium to social media, fortunately RDC isn't social media but an offroad racing news source. But I use FB as a photo host first. I figured since there was already a show on HBO last saturday of the Rams having a scrimmage at the stadium it would be all right.

There is stuff from all over the world that was made for this stadium. The owners suite is pretty amazing.