Wheeeeewww!! Thats A Relief...

Curtis Guise

Administrator
Most bike shops are crazy busy right now. Hard to get some parts and bikes. Long waits for service if you need it.

@pdailey a friend was just telling me about Specialized e-bikes. They have a model that is lighter at about 30ish pounds and it doubles your pedal speed for the assisted power. Then they have the heavier ones that have more power like all the other brands. Not sure about the pricing... No plans to get one right now. But I did ride one for a minute and it made a climb super easy. Would be nice to use at a place you want to get allot of downhill runs in at.

dan200

#BSF200
All going to work for Dave Cole?
No, the new guy who is going to over for Donald is a pretty legit guy I guess. Hes a dirtbike guy.

Dave is in an interesting position. Pat mentioned having Dave buy BITD would be a dream come true. I don't think Dave needs to buy anything. He can just expand what he has going already. As a brand BITD isn't worth as much as they want for it. I don't see this sudden flight of some key people helping make it any more valuable. If it was a publicly held corporation their stock would have just tanked.

jon coleman

buy used....as many in that community just chase the shinny new gadgets old bikes are plenty and cheap.

I once heard a BMW M spokesperson explain that the slowest part in their cars is the driver not the vehicle. Same is probably true in the MTB world where people crave the extra titanium 3gram unsprung weight reduction while still drinking sodas.

Roadbikes is the same. Every weekend I see people out of shape with 2020 model bikes in skin tight outfits full of logos munching on donuts.
après ski, its All about your " style" in the ski lodge, not the double black diamonds

J_Edgar

Any of you all have E-bikes? Looking to maybe get an electric mountain bike. Any tips would be appreciated.
Check out AllMtn - eMountain - Shop Bikes | Haibike
They are electric assist. My local shop has been selling these for a couple years. Never seen any major issues with them. I have had a chance to ride the hardtail and full suspension and they are fun. You could buy 2 of these for the price of a trek. Giant has a couple nice full suspension e-bikes as well.

Mike @ pit b

#Mike@PlanB
buy used....as many in that community just chase the shinny new gadgets old bikes are plenty and cheap.

I once heard a BMW M spokesperson explain that the slowest part in their cars is the driver not the vehicle. Same is probably true in the MTB world where people crave the extra titanium 3gram unsprung weight reduction while still drinking sodas.

Roadbikes is the same. Every weekend I see people out of shape with 2020 model bikes in skin tight outfits full of logos munching on donuts.
I worked at a high end mountain bike shop for 4 year while in highschool. This is extremely accurate. The owner had a group of friends he'd ride with that would spend big bucks on the latest titanium gizmo to save a few grams then go out and eat at the Fat Burger down the street.

Josh 8

What’s the point of an electric bike?
Don’t fool your self. It’s not to go further. It’s to be lazy. If you are out of shape then get into shape. Ride an old fashioned pedal bike.

My bike is a $400 diamondback highbred. Nothing fancy. A highbred is half mouton bike and half road bike. I like it for the efficiency of a road bike but the vertical seating of a mnt bike.

I say this as an over weight man that in his last months of being “40” something. I know the pain of getting back into shape and how embarrassing it is to not even be able to get out of your neighborhood before the legs start cramping and the lungs give out. But the first time your 14 year old son calls for a break it sure makes you feel good.

michael.gonzalez

I have a 1/5 scale TT I made into a drone that I can drive with a headset/goggles. I can make a few other Drone TT's if anyone is interested.

You can lay out a track near camp or anywhere you'd like really.

The problem is it's too fast for my eyeballs.

1/5 scale TT going 50-60mph looks like 250-300mph. I need to go half voltage to make it manageable from a Drone Driver perspective.

klaus

Administrator
can it be used to harass& torment the family pets??
yes It can plus it can be used to map out the inside of your home for whoever reviews the video content outside of your home. Just like Alexa/Siri/Home/brother/big etc