Wheeeeewww!! Thats A Relief...

JDDurfey

Reaction
Isn't that what a good company would do?

I would think they would make decisions that benefit the company.
I wouldn't be angry at their decision if the reason was to benefit the company.
That is one way to look at it...but a smart company also rewards good employees with advancement that want to advance. I have spent 7 years working a ton of hours each week doing everything in my power to save the company money and streamline everything in my department. I was in a salary position for 18 months before COVID and I never worked less than 50 hours a week during that time. Now I typically work 60 hours a week in my current roll. When the oil field crashed in 2014, I picked up the slack and operated a shop all by myself when my mechanics were all let go. Thankfully I kept my job, but I busted my butt turning wrenches all day and managing parts inventory. I have proven that I have the skills to manage and I want to be higher on the food chain.

Once again, it isn't about the pay. Of course everyone wants to make more money, and a pay increase would be awesome...but I want to be home more.

michael.gonzalez

Reaction
Website
www.facebook.com
Maybe it's time to throttle back. If I was putting in an extra 20 hours a week without the company noticing/appreciating, I wouldn't work those extra 20 hours much longer.

It sounds like you are going above and beyond and you feel entitled to the position because of it. Simultaneously, you are bummed you aren't getting compensated for your efforts. Just don't burn yourself out.

JDDurfey

Reaction
Maybe it's time to throttle back. If I was putting in an extra 20 hours a week without the company noticing/appreciating, I wouldn't work those extra 20 hours much longer.

It sounds like you are going above and beyond and you feel entitled to the position because of it. Simultaneously, you are bummed you aren't getting compensated for your efforts.
I am currently paid hourly...working less hours means I get paid less. If I wanted to get paid less, I would go find a job that pays less closer to home! I am being compensated for my efforts. Once again, pay is not the issue other than the fact I can't make this much money in the town I call home. And I am not moving my family to the oil field. The issue is the location of my current roll. I am 300 miles from home, work 10 days and home 4 days. I am only home every other weekend. The roll I want would have me home every weekend and many week nights because my new office would only be an hour from the house. The new roll is also a salary position, and while it would require some travel still, it would not be every week. At most it would be two weeks a month and many months only a week or less.

dan200

#BSF200
Reaction
I am currently paid hourly...working less hours means I get paid less. If I wanted to get paid less, I would go find a job that pays less closer to home! I am being compensated for my efforts. Once again, pay is not the issue other than the fact I can't make this much money in the town I call home. And I am not moving my family to the oil field. The issue is the location of my current roll. I am 300 miles from home, work 10 days and home 4 days. I am only home every other weekend. The roll I want would have me home every weekend and many week nights because my new office would only be an hour from the house. The new roll is also a salary position, and while it would require some travel still, it would not be every week. At most it would be two weeks a month and many months only a week or less.
Sabotage the dude. Watch some of those "The real housewives of ______" shows. They will give ya ideas.

Or, be the nice guy, suffer and finish last.

Im kidding, kinda... LOL

michael.gonzalez

Reaction
Website
www.facebook.com
Ah, well if you are paid hourly, putting in the extra hours, and feel you are being compensated fairly. All is good.

Dan's idea may have some merit. Lol

dan200

#BSF200
Reaction
Ah, well if you are paid hourly, putting in the extra hours, and feel you are being compensated fairly. All is good.

Dan's idea may have some merit. Lol
"Dan200 is always right and he never lies"- Randy Swink

bajafox

Accepted
Reaction
"Dan200 is always right and he never lies"- Randy Swink
Wife and I were watching the latest season of Hoarders yesterday and it hit me, Randy was a hoarder lol. He had 2 superduty trucks on his property, a Chenowth long travel prerunner, his Ford Lightning prerunner, his H1 Hummer (fully decked out), not sure if he still had his H3 before he passed but he bought a Cadillac to go pay his property taxes lol, he also had a 3 seat Ford Ranger in his garage under a ton of spare parts that he said he would finish. His race truck was and has been with his good buddy in Mexicali.

I really miss Randy, last of his kind. Sometimes I'll type something and then delete it cause it sounds "too mean" then I think about Randy and hit post lol, he gave zero ishts about your feelings

BANNEDFROMBAJA

2317 Cherimoya Drive Suite A Vista, CA 92084
Reaction

Tube ride

Reaction
E24D5F92-72BF-402C-9DA2-239152BFE292.jpeg8964AA89-4127-432E-A3E2-4D1BB93427E9.jpegKent Kroeker and ufc fighter Justin Gaethje look very similar. Wonder how Kent is doing after his last trip to Haiti .

wheeli

Funny Guy from the North, eh
Reaction
Website
www.raceoffroad.ca
Is it just me, or do any of y'all get depressed when you are passed up for a promotion at work? Not only did I get passed up, 6 weeks ago I sat in my office with one of the guys that makes the decisions and he told me I was the most qualified person for the position in the company. Yesterday he called me to tell me that another guy is getting the position... A guy that calls me for advise on how to repair our equipment, a guy that has never managed a shop in the company, a guy that has never worked as a mechanic a day in his life. He is a good guy. I like the guy and we worked well together a few years ago when we were in the same yard. But now I have to answer to him and I am WAY more qualified than him for the position!

I have another job opportunity in a different line of work, but at 45 years old I have no desire to change companies and start at the bottom and work my way up. The benefits where I currently am are great. I've worked hard for 7 years to get to where I am with this company. I've never said "no" to a project or a responsibility. I've transferred and moved anywhere the company needed me. I've been the guy to "fix" three different shops that needed to be drastically improved and now they all run like a well oiled machine. For the last 6 months I've felt like I'm being "punished" because I am good at my job and I am stuck in a yard I don't want to be at. So am I pissed? Heck ya I am!

Rant over, I'll get over my pity party in a few days and try to get motivated to get back to work.
Hmmmmmmm.....to long didnt read but it sounds like they dont like you , have you showered recently?

dan200

#BSF200
Reaction

troyharper

DA Meatball
Reaction

jon coleman

Reaction
That must be a strong chair to hold up that truck!
hey, those auditorium / folding chairs are the best ever for the pits, i had a couple still have a chopped one for campfires, tipp, cut them inch or 2 below cross bracing, it will keep from sinking in soft sand😉👍ps And they are great truck stands!