Wheeeeewww!! Thats A Relief...

dan200

#BSF200
Reaction
Opinions needed on the cooking of bacon.

When it comes to Bacon, I will take @dan200 opinion on it for the shear amount he cooks regularly.

I just heard about this method today. I normally just toss it in the pan and try not to burn it.
Exhibit A:

I’ve never heard of rhis way until now. It makes sense but I wonder if any flavor goes away in the boil. All in all I’m not a big fan of cooking it in a pan. Messy and high maintenance.

My preference is in the oven.

Thin bacon in the oven is sketchy. Get thick stuff.

Lean bacon- dont use a rack
Fatty stuff the rack is nice to have but not necessary.
Foil or parchment paper helps for clean up.

400 degrees for 12 to 20 minutes.

If ya let the meat come to room temperature before ya cook it it cooks faster and more evenly.

You can pepper it or add maple syrup to it to be fancy before ya put it in the oven.

Brown sugar is also legit. Candied bacon. The sugar/syrup method kinda hardens/crisps things and it’s really good that way.

Don’t forget, after ya take it out of the heat it still cooks while cooling.

Bacon is like sex. Even when it’s not good, it’s still pretty good.

wheeli

Funny Guy from the North, eh
Reaction
Website
www.raceoffroad.ca
I’ve never heard of rhis way until now. It makes sense but I wonder if any flavor goes away in the boil. All in all I’m not a big fan of cooking it in a pan. Messy and high maintenance.

If ya let the meat come to room temperature before ya cook it it cooks faster and more evenly.

You can pepper it or add maple syrup to it to be fancy before ya put it in the oven.

Brown sugar is also legit. Candied bacon. The sugar/syrup method kinda hardens/crisps things and it’s really good that way.

I'll bring the maple syrup hundy what times dinner??

blue dog

Reaction
Las Vegas Nevada. Way up near the red rocks
Took the old girl go the pub.
She has not been on the road in over 30 years.
Still a lick up list to do, but she is going to cars and coffee tomorrow morning.
4 months, over 650 hours to get to this point.

Attachments

• KIMG0313.JPG
    KIMG0313.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 59

Mike @ pit b

#Mike@PlanB
Reaction

The type of bacon I get depends on the cut that I see on the back side of the packet. I never go into the store thinking I'm getting a certain type. Thick/thin maple/not-maple. I get the packet that shows the best cut/least amount of fat. I take your word on bacon cooking techniques and procedures due to your love of bacon and the amount you cook for work on the regular.

But I think you need to do this water method. I have a few strips left in my fridge and I'll give it a try this weekend.

jon coleman

Reaction
engine bay pics,and one of those undercarage shots 👌, looks killer, i think the money that buys it aint really gonna see the oem winch as a deal breaker, it would look cool though...

Big Hock

Bababooey!!!
Reaction
Bacon straight on the grill is awesome, just have to keep an eye on it for flare ups from the grease drippings.

Like Dan, I’m not sure about the boiling method, I feel like it would lose its flavor.

michael.gonzalez

Reaction
Website
www.facebook.com
Bacon straight on the grill is awesome, just have to keep an eye on it for flare ups from the grease drippings.

Like Dan, I’m not sure about the boiling method, I feel like it would lose its flavor.
I have only made bad bacon once (Much shame... I know) and it was on a grill.

To be fair, it did flare up real bad and I did a poop job all around. Had I actually tried, I imagine it would have been great.

All that being said, the oven is fool proof.

michael.gonzalez

Reaction
Website
www.facebook.com
Does anyone know of a shifter boot that will work with in line twin sticks

In-line like this?

Or front-to-back?

michael.gonzalez

Reaction
Website
www.facebook.com
Hence the word inline.