Wheeeeewww!! Thats A Relief...

Tube ride

Reaction
E14604F7-3AB3-4351-8D4A-0EAC1AC284F8.jpeg
216E7D72-C039-4250-8B5C-27302E538F2F.jpegManute Bol and Spud Webb

Last edited:

JDDurfey

Reaction
I had the alternator rebuilt on my 1970 John Deere tractor this week. My rebuild guy told me that my voltage regulator was made in the 80's and since it wasn't bad he didn't replace it with a new one because the new ones are junk and don't last. He said he spends a massive amount of labor doing warranty work on brand new parts he installs because they are all crap now. Sure, he gets the part warrantied by the manufacturer, but they won't cover his labor.

michael.gonzalez

Reaction
Website
www.facebook.com
View attachment 227043China invented the strategy
And American Corporations adopted it for the most part.

(most likely to maximize profits and capitalize on the lower costs of manufacturing overseas at the expense of reducing the US workforce and the quality of goods that Americans buy and use)

Wal-Mart anyone?

JDDurfey

Reaction
There was a time that Wal-Mart was all about American made. My aunt was pretty high up in the corporate offices in Arkansas. But sometime in the late 80's early 90's she said they shifted their purchasing process and started dealing with Chinese companies. This increased profits of course, and hurt American companies at the same time.

bajafox

Accepted
Reaction
There was a time that Wal-Mart was all about American made. My aunt was pretty high up in the corporate offices in Arkansas. But sometime in the late 80's early 90's she said they shifted their purchasing process and started dealing with Chinese companies. This increased profits of course, and hurt American companies at the same time.
I remember when I was little WalMart was all about Made in America, flags everywhere on just about every product besides electronics

Downtown Calexico became a ghost town when WalMart came into town

Mike @ pit b

#Mike@PlanB
Reaction

I'm guessing it changed about the same time Sam Walton died. His kids took over, disadvantaged over the little guy and went for profits.

He was worth $8 billion when he died. The Walton family which own 50.85% of Wal Mart is now worth $215 billion.

f*** Wal Mart.