Wheeeeewww!! Thats A Relief...

JDDurfey

Reaction
One of Sam Walton's daughters owns a decent size ranch not to far from where I live. I've never seen her, but my wife says she is not attractive at all! She is loaded with cash, so she has no problem keeping a man around, but he must have bad eyesight!

Sam Walton was a good man. He truly cared about his employees and I believe he truly cared about his customers. But that all changed when he died.

bajafox

Accepted
Reaction
I avoid WalMart as much as possible, I don't even think I've been in one in maybe 2 years, I prefer Target. I do like Sam Club though, its usually less crowded than Costco

michael.gonzalez

Reaction
Website
www.facebook.com
I avoid WalMart as much as possible, I don't even think I've been in one in maybe 2 years, I prefer Target. I do like Sam Club though, its usually less crowded than Costco
Target has much higher quality goods from China.

And the "People of Target" are a very different crowd....

Mike @ pit b

#Mike@PlanB
Reaction
Opinions needed on the cooking of bacon.

When it comes to Bacon, I will take @dan200 opinion on it for the shear amount he cooks regularly.

I just heard about this method today. I normally just toss it in the pan and try not to burn it.
Exhibit A:

Ok. So I finally got around to doing this.

It's pretty damn good actually. There's far less melted bacon fat when it's finally done. When it's boiling in the water the fat congeals. Once the water boils off you can smell the bacon like normal. Once it's done, the bacon meat is crispy and still has the same flavor. The fat is chewy but crispy at the same time. It's not chewy like rubbery bacon fat.

I wouldn't go as far as saying it's life changing but I am going to be cooking it this way a lot more often. It just takes longer to cook.

All in all, 10/10. Highly recommend.

blue dog

Reaction
Las Vegas Nevada. Way up near the red rocks
How about a rant about tipping.

Went to lunch, with drink $21.00
Waitress never refilled my drink, someone else delivered my order to the table. Only interaction with said waitress was when I placed my order.
Bill is payed with one if those wireless Cc thingy things, under the tip section it starts at 18% then 2nd option is 20% then 25% and lastly other.
Normally I double the tax and call it good unless the server was on there A game.

Anyway, when did tipping become 18% minimum offered ?
If you can't refill my beverage during the course of a half hour, you don't deserve poop to begin with.
That is my rant for Friday.

jon coleman

Reaction

Waitress never refilled my drink, someone else delivered my order to the table. Only interaction with said waitress was when I placed my order.
Bill is payed with one if those wireless Cc thingy things, under the tip section it starts at 18% then 2nd option is 20% then 25% and lastly other.
Normally I double the tax and call it good unless the server was on there A game.

If you can't refill my beverage during the course of a half hour, you don't deserve poop to begin with.

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 19

michael.gonzalez

Reaction
Website
www.facebook.com

I always though 20% was the go to.

Divide by 10. Multiply by 2.

Blood Eagle

Class Act
Reaction
20% is standard. You are dealing with a person who gets paid minimum wage and has to pay taxes on their tips. On top of having to deal with demanding Karens all day. I tip well. Everyone has bad days and now everyone and their grandma wants to get out of the house to go eat because they've been cooped up for a year and a half. Now the restaurant industry lost a good chunk of their good servers because they were told they weren't essential and moved on to a 9 to 5. So you are likely dealing with someone who doesn't have a whole lot of experience because they were rushed to get hired because the government told the restaurant that they can open again and they had hire almost a completely new staff to meet the demand. Ask for a refill maybe next time instead of expecting it and coming to RDC to complain. Karen.

Last edited:

jon coleman

Reaction
they tax tipps, that sux, my sister worked her way through college as a waitress, she has storys that will make your hair catch fire, i dont know How Anyone can deal with the general public in there job without going
INSANE

blue dog

Reaction
Las Vegas Nevada. Way up near the red rocks
1 . Want to make a better living, get a better job.
2. If I had ever seen the insightful waitress again, I would have asked for another drink, but in a half hour, never spotted her again until she brought me the check.
3. My go-to is double the tax , and add to it if service was good or better.
4. If you have a job that you expect to make a living by your tips, you better bring your A game everyday.

jon coleman

Reaction
yeah, thats the best way to go, im just glad things are sorta getting back to " normal", but when you can make More money from unemployment, than work, that is not a winning formula, side note, read story over 400 billion, yes Billion in federal covid unemployment relief thought to have been stolen, w0w

Curtis Guise

Administrator
Reaction
Website
www.offroadaction.com
They tax tips that were paid with CC's for sure. Its up to the server to claim cash tips (most probably don't claim all). But cash tips are happening less these days with most people using CC's.

My go to is 20%. And up or down depending on the service. Also allot of places pool their tips with other servers and possibly kitchen staff so keep that in mind.

Big Hock

Bababooey!!!
Reaction
I thought tips were based on quality of service. When did it become 20% no matter how insightful your service was?
Im with blue dog on this one, If you work for tips you need to at least try to show some customer service skills, pandemic or not.