Wheeeeewww!! Thats A Relief...

JDDurfey

RDC Crypto
This has been happening for a long time.
Not to the degree it is happening now! Our southern border was really calm during the last two years of the previous Admin. Now it is a nightmare! We are being invaded and the feds are not doing anything about it.

I know this is a discussion for PURPLE, so I will digress.

I miss the sexy girl pics that used to be posted in this thread by Troy!

bajafox

Accepted
RDC Crypto
My ghetto wiring works, leaving early Wed...

Attachments

• 20211115_090049.jpg
    20211115_090049.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0

randy68

#1 Enemy of Google
RDC Crypto
Not to the degree it is happening now! Our southern border was really calm during the last two years of the previous Admin. Now it is a nightmare! We are being invaded and the feds are not doing anything about it.

(I get bitch slapped when I do it.....)

Goober

RDC Crypto

1637036453478.png

E.Hagle

RDC Crypto
My brother told a guy in Insurgetes that he didn’t have any stickers, the guy put a pistol on his lap. Maroon Nissan Pathfinder with off-road stickers on rear windows. Keep an eye out

dan200

#BSF200
RDC Crypto
My brother told a guy in Insurgetes that he didn’t have any stickers, the guy put a pistol on his lap. Maroon Nissan Pathfinder with off-road stickers on rear windows. Keep an eye out
holy hell?!

Congrats again>

dan200

#BSF200
RDC Crypto
Another 1000 in the books. Lots and lots of driving but it paid off.
We probably did at least 2.5k highway miles round trip
3 trucks
Some of us stayed at 4 different hotels.
Spent over a week doing this.
On race day we poured a total of 22 gallons of fuel.
spread out over two pit stops.

michael.gonzalez

RDC Crypto
Website
www.facebook.com
Rocket Launch Notice!

What: DART (Double Asteroid Redirect Test)
Where: Vandenberg Space Force Base
When: Tonight (11/23/2021) at ~10:20 pm.

Keep an eye out!

Check out a cool video explaining the mission:

JerryB

RDC Crypto
Curious MG if you know. Very cool concept, but looking at the video, which I understand is a graphic rendering/not actual video, what is the size of the rocket/projectile or whatever we're calling it which will intercept the asteroid? Asteroids are extremely dense yes? Therefor are extremely heavy. Seems to me (per the video) they're trying to redirect a locomotive off the tracks via a bird strike to the front of the train? It also shows as a head on strike, I presume it would be better off as a n offset strike to cause it to veer off course just a little, which will cause it course change to be magnified over a long distance.

michael.gonzalez

RDC Crypto
Website
www.facebook.com
Curious MG if you know. Very cool concept, but looking at the video, which I understand is a graphic rendering/not actual video, what is the size of the rocket/projectile or whatever we're calling it which will intercept the asteroid? Asteroids are extremely dense yes? Therefor are extremely heavy. Seems to me (per the video) they're trying to redirect a locomotive off the tracks via a bird strike to the front of the train? It also shows as a head on strike, I presume it would be better off as a n offset strike to cause it to veer off course just a little, which will cause it course change to be magnified over a long distance.
Simple terms:
The Spacecraft is ~1300 lbs.
It will be traveling at ~15,000 mph at time of impact.
The smaller asteroid has a diameter of ~500 ft.
Unsure of the mass of the smaller asteroid (but yes, extremely heavy)
The expected velocity change of the smaller asteroid is 0.4 mm/second (very small) which will alter its orbital period, etc.

(NOTE: Rocket V. Spacecraft: The rocket is only used to get the spacecraft off of Earth. From there, the spacecraft separates from the rocket and deploys its solar arrays (the part my work designed/manufactured/tested) which will power its solar electric propulsion. From that point, it will continue to accelerate to about ~15,000mph.

Quoted from Wiki:
It is estimated that the impact of the 500 kg (1,100 lb)[12] DART at 6.6 km/s (4.1 mi/s) [13][14] will produce a velocity change on the order of 0.4 mm/s, which leads to a small change in trajectory of the asteroid system, but over time, it leads to a large shift of path.[15][4][16][17] Over a span of millions of kilometers, the cumulative trajectory change would eliminate the risk of a previously-Earth-bound asteroid hitting Earth.[18] The actual velocity change and orbital shift will be measured a few years later by a small spacecraft called Hera that would do a detailed reconnaissance and assessment.[