WHEEL/TIRE QUESTION

matt_helton

Racer
Reaction
I was wondering if anyone has ever mounted a 315x75x16 on a 6.5in wide wheel and if there were any problems that came along with that. i want to put a set of 315 BFG's on factory alloy 2500HD chevy wheels. ive put a 33x12.5 on a 15x7 wheel, but i just want a little re-assurance from you guys that have 3/4 ton trucks. thanks

desertracer

Reaction
Not sure if this can even be taken into account but we are running a 315/75/16 goodyear mtr on a centerline 16x4 beadlock with a 3/4'' spacer and have not had a problem. I know the forces on the street might be a bit more but it has worked for us off-road.

ntsqd

Reaction
Friend of mine did exactly that, BFG (A/T's in this case) 315/75-R16's on the GM HD alloy wheels. Crowns the tread a little, but then so are the 285/75's I put on my GM HD alloys.

PBR

Reaction
my buddy did the 315's on the stockers as well and the only problem is tire wear, he only got around 20k miles on a new set of bfg a/t's. do you have a lift on the truck, why do you want to run the stockers???

matt_helton

Racer
Reaction
Ollie, i have a 92 3/4 ton 4x4 and its stock now but pretty soon im gonna be putting a rancho 4in. kit on it. i love the looks of the new HD alloys, especially on the old body styles. i dont have the wheels yet(havn't found a set for cheap enough) and i dont have to run them, i just really like their looks. i also love the look of a wide tire on a narrow wheel, plus i like its resistance to de-beading when aired down due to the side walls being held in. i know the tread will crown some, but i dont know how much. if your friend only got 20,000mi. out of his then i probably wont try it. i dont know, just love those wheels.

PBR

Reaction
i love the way the stockers look also but i couldn't run them with the spindle i put on my truck... if you can fit the rims on with the rancho lift is say f*** it and run them, i sold my whole set for $200 with tires.

matt_helton

Racer
Reaction
do you know anyone elso that has a set they dont want for pretty cheap???? cus theres no way in hell im gonna pay top dollar for stock wheels. thanks for the info, Ollie.

PBR

Reaction
no worries... i will keep my eyes open.

matt_helton

Racer
Reaction
hey Ollie, you can call off the search. i came across a set last night for 200 bucks. i ran with em. and allready got em bolted on the truck with my 265's. thanks again.